Is he playing games? Was I wrong to call him out?

We've been hooking up for the last 6 months and lately he's been playing mind games that I feel is unnecessary. The last time we were together was New Years Eve. Since it's just a hook up, we don't have regular or consistent communication. I'm fine with that. Yesterday, he text me and stated that we were 'overdue' for our next hookup. I was at the spa so it took me an hour to respond and when I did respond he hesitated to reply but I could see he was on FB. So I called.

When I called he was very vague but he let me know that he'd read message by asking me about the spa. I didn't ask why he didn't respond. Then he said he'd ask me to come over but that he had to go pick up his son. Then he said if I decide to play hookie from work this week to let him know. I was a little irritated because he'd done this before. Hit me up last minute about hooking up and then not really want to hook up. I told him that I didn't like him playing games with. Why text me that we're overdue and then he doesn't have time for the hook up. I don't mind the hook up but it's starting to seem more like he barely makes time for it. Was I wrong to tell him that he should at least have a few hours clear in his schedule if he wants to see me? When initiate and then not follow through?

I'm going to agree to disagree with the 2 previous post. People dont understand a situation unless they are in. I agree that he probably did make other plans. Those plans may have in fact been with his son. Since he had some free time he figured he could spend it with him.

Regardless of the situation no one wants to be treated like a cheap piece of meat. The point is to feel good. Doesn't sound like your at the top of his options list if he did in fact replace u in less than hour. I'd move on.

• y

You were wrong in this case, acted more like a girlfriend then a hook up, took you a bit to respond and he probably made other plans in that time frame. That he didn't wish to share

Let me see if I've got this right.  You have 'hook ups' with someone, which I'm guessing is casual sex. You say you are 'ok with this'. But then you are expecting the respect and consideration you would get from a committed, caring, loving relationship.  You have already told this guy what to expect.... casual sex with NO committment, consideration or respect. Act cheap.... you get treated cheap. The myth of being able to have sex with no ties is busted.