Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 month ago

Can I still get a tourist visa if I don't own properties?

I'm a 32 year-old single woman (from Peru) that live with my parents.

It's common for some adults to still live with their parents. I don't have my own house nor a company. I work as a translator for 5 years. I have a BA degree in tourism and hotel management.

Yes, I could still afford a 15 year trip. Can I still get a tourist visa to the US if I don't have children, never got married and don't own a business nor property.

Silly me...I meant 15 day trip. Yes that's correct. I meant 15 days.

Ludwig I meant 15 day trip. I'm actually going to put it for 10 days.

Your degree and job security would help you get a US tourist visa. But there's no nation on the planet that grants a 15 year tourist visa. You'd require an immigration visa (and permanent resident status) in order to stay that long.

• Ludwig

A 15 year trip from Peru to America is not a tourist visit. It is more like Paddington Bear. What are you really after?

Owning property, having a business, and being married or having children are not conditions required to get a visa. It might help to have them, but they are not required. This website may provide some useful information:

https://visalist.io/united-states-of-america/visa-...

• Maxi

"15 year trip" assuming you mean a 15 day trip? You apply for a toursit visa and it will be accepted or denied... there is no requirement to own a house to get a tourist visa

• Eastside Guz

We tried to apply for my wife's older son in Mexico but where told he needs a steady job (to know that he'll return) and that he would not stay the whole six months...

• ..

No one can answer that question. You'll have to apply for the visa and see what happens. It's true that immigration likes to see ties to the home country, such as property ownership. But plenty of people do get visas from South and Central America. The current administration is making it harder to get any kind of visa. 

You could also consider attending a conference for translators. The big conference for teachers of English as a second language gets thousands of attendees from all over the world every year. Attending a conference might be seen as more impressive than applying for a tourist visa.