Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 8 months ago

Can I still pass trail period at work if I fInish my work by 30minutes to 1 hour late ?

So I live in UK I just got hired for Iceland''s cleaner just completed my 1st week shift. And I have anywhere from March to April before my trial period will be over.

I'm alway's on time in the morning 10-20 minutes before the store even opens and my manager knows this.

I work hard my morning cleaning shift  is 5am till 8am. I finish my  work at 9am 1 hour late I'm little bit sloppy as a new guy hopefully. I'll get used to it and I'll be faster. 

But  if I finishmy work 1hour late can I stillpass trail periodo? 

• Judy

If you improve substantially, definitely possible that you'll pass your trial period. If it still takes you 4 hours by then to do 3 hours work, you will almost surely be let go.

May be a problem since they are having to pay you an hour extra...

That's up to your employer to decide.

I agree that you will probably learn to do it more quickly as time passes.  That's why a trial period is longer than a week.

If in March you haven't learned to do things in the normal time-frame, you may have a problem.   They don't want to pay you for four hours when everyone else can do it in three. 

Possibly if you step it up and get faster !

I spoke to your boss just last week. He said as soon as the next person who applies who can fog a mirror comes in you are fired.