Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

what about AARP? (Medicare)?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

What is your question?

• Dustbindiva
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

AARP is not an insurance company. Check the Medicare website for a plan finder in your location. I dont know if you are talking about AARP Advantage plan or AARP Medigap insurance.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can get whatever you want, I find AARP medicare more expensive then going to Humana medicare. On AARP you have to reach your deductible, if you don't reach your deductible your premiums goes up each year. With Humana they don't and they do a darn good job of paying our medical bills. We only have to pay 15 bucks a month each.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's more expensive than many other Medicare Advantage programs.   They use United Healthcare with AARP brand on it. 

You're better off going directly to United Healthcare Medicare Advantage, but there are others that are better.

There's Amerigroup and Cigna and many others. It just depends on what you are wanting. 

I would suggest that if you have a doctor you like, ask which networks they accept and which they think has the best coverage.  You can also contact an independent insurance agent who can show you a few that would be best for you.  They don't charge you anything.  They are paid a commission by the Medicare program.  That is the best way to shop for what you want.                                                                                                         

Happy shopping. . 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.