What was the hardest recipe you ever made?

35 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

When I lived in New Orleans, my neighbor caught a nice batch of Red Snapper. He asked me to prepare them for a joint household dinner. I followed the classic recipe for Fillet of Sole Marguery, substituting Snapper for Sole. To spice up the presentation, I toothpicked the sole in a circle in ramakins, and served them around a circle of rusk, with sauteed shrimp, scallops and oysters on the rusk, sauced with the reduction of the fish poaching liquid.

BTW, it was worth it.

• 8 months ago

I'm not an expert cook but I think the hardest thing i've made is a Christmas dinner, I know it's not a recipe but getting everything done at once and hot is so difficult. 

Gluten free pastry is pretty difficult as well as it doesn't roll well.

• 8 months ago

I’m not sure tbh. But I did make a lot of recipes before.

• 8 months ago

Armenian Kufta, takes practice, but well worth it. Stuffed meatballs with a seasoned meat mixture, so good.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

A cream pie.  But it was well worth the effort.

• 8 months ago

beef parrots are my hardest recipe

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

korma and sweet and sour

• 8 months ago

I have made macarons. I've made homemade croissants. I've made desserts that require 3 days total. I've even made a 3 tiered effing cake, for crying out loud. For the life of me, I CANNOT FIGURE OUT BROWNIES! WHY?!?!? Mine are always too cakey, or too dry, or too little chocolate, not enough, grainy, gross...WTF??? I've tried, in total, 18 different recipes and I just suck at them, so if I ever make them, they're boxed. UGH. 

• 8 months ago

i tried to boil water.  it did not go well

• 8 months ago

Cornflake cakes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.