What was the hardest recipe you ever made?

When I lived in New Orleans, my neighbor caught a nice batch of Red Snapper. He asked me to prepare them for a joint household dinner. I followed the classic recipe for Fillet of Sole Marguery, substituting Snapper for Sole. To spice up the presentation, I toothpicked the sole in a circle in ramakins, and served them around a circle of rusk, with sauteed shrimp, scallops and oysters on the rusk, sauced with the reduction of the fish poaching liquid.

BTW, it was worth it.

I'm not an expert cook but I think the hardest thing i've made is a Christmas dinner, I know it's not a recipe but getting everything done at once and hot is so difficult. 

Gluten free pastry is pretty difficult as well as it doesn't roll well.

I’m not sure tbh. But I did make a lot of recipes before.

Armenian Kufta, takes practice, but well worth it. Stuffed meatballs with a seasoned meat mixture, so good.

A cream pie.  But it was well worth the effort.

beef parrots are my hardest recipe

korma and sweet and sour

I have made macarons. I've made homemade croissants. I've made desserts that require 3 days total. I've even made a 3 tiered effing cake, for crying out loud. For the life of me, I CANNOT FIGURE OUT BROWNIES! WHY?!?!? Mine are always too cakey, or too dry, or too little chocolate, not enough, grainy, gross...WTF??? I've tried, in total, 18 different recipes and I just suck at them, so if I ever make them, they're boxed. UGH. 

i tried to boil water.  it did not go well

Cornflake cakes.