Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 1 month ago

Is it worth the surgery to have a “pretty” nose even though it could make my breathing worse ?

I want to get surgery to make my nose better by raising the tip up so it doesn’t look as bad. But I already have trouble breathing out of my nose and the doctor said it could make it worse. Is it worth the surgery to make it better if it’ll effect my breathing? I’m already a mouth breather. 

No, health comes before looks

How about this: ask your ear/nose/throat doc if there is surgery to make your breathing better.   If so, do that surgery first.  Then after it heals, consider  cosmetic surgery if it does not undo the breathing improvements. 

• Marc

So you will have a "pretty nose" but be a mouth breather? No thanks.

Don't do it.  Pay attention to the doctor when he tell you that the surgery could cause problems.  No, its not worth it.