Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 8 months ago

How do I stop giving off the impression that im pissed off all the time? ?

Im not pissed off all the time but my face and the way my eyebrows are shaped just make me appear mad 24/7 and people are constantly asking me why im pissed off and i have to keep reassuring them that im not and its just the way my eyes naturally look. Is there anyway to make myself not appear as mad? 

Im a guy btw if thats relevant 

• LM440

Of course the many suggestions for smiling may help but who wants to force a continual smile.

I don't think the problem is yours but the people asking that senseless questions.  A person does not have to qualify their natural facial expression.  If this is your natural facial posture you don't need unnecessary judgment.  

Try patiently answering the question with the accurate response that you are not angry but often people mistake your natural expression for being angry.

Try smiling more often, and maybe changing the shape of your eyebrows would help.

You've got a problem known as RBF, Resting ***** Face. Which a lot of people have naturally and on purpose.. You just need to relax the muscles in your face, which could mean having a subtle smile, and maybe try getting your eyebrows shaped, men can do that too. That  will make your face have a softness to it, making you look less 'pissed' off. Hope this helps.

• sian

Reshape your brows (or ask a besuty therapist to) and then use an attractive shade of eyeliner.

• Jerry

Get into the habit of smiling a bit when you first encounter someone, when you speak to someone, whenever you make eye contact. The habit of having a pleased expression on your face will serve you well in life. 

If you have "uni-brow," like one big eyebrow instead of 2 distinct eyebrows, then get electrolysis to get rid of that "one big angry eyebrow" look. 

Finally, strangers have no business commenting on you looking sad, looking angry, and so on. If some stranger tells me I look unhappy, I respond with a quick "No I don't." 

• Kaz

Try smiling.  That will soften your look and make you look less pissed.  Not only that, but by smiling - it will (probably) also improve your mood.

• PR

Pretty much anytime someone smiles, they look happier. Look in the mirror. What do you see? Do you look happy or sad? Smile. How does that look?

Watch other people. If they look happy or welcoming, what are they doing that seems different to you?

Read the book called, "How to Win Friends and Influence Others". This book will give pointers on things to do in order to seem friendly and more open to others. Although the book is old, it has relevant points and suggestions. 

Perhaps a different style, hair cut, who knows? I would first look in the mirror and decide what you see. Think of happy things, since what is inside, shows on the outside.