Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 1 month ago

Would you be O.K. with media photographers with long-lens camera's detailing your every move in your home-abode?

• Frank
    Favorite Answer

No, that would be a violation of my privacy and the law.  

When one is outside on public grounds, there is no expectation of privacy.  As such, the SCOTUS has ruled time and time again that it is therefore perfectly legal for a photographer to photograph anyone (famous or not) when that person is in an area where privacy is not to be expected (e.g. in public).

When one is in their own home, privacy IS to be expected, and therefore it would be illegal for someone to use a long lens to photograph someone inside their home.  And that's why I would not be okay with that.

• keerok

Nope. I'm shy. However, if it means I get to be paid a million bucks a day, why not? I'll give them a good show!

• Alan

No -- In your home you have an expectation of privacy. Once outside your home, in a public area, no expectation

No!