Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 4 weeks ago

How long to build a 10ftx10ft room?

I will be using an extention cord for electricity just need to put up the walls.

Update:

How long will it take. I didnt ask if you think someone else should do it

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

One day.

Also:

Don't use a "temporary" power source for a "permanent" location.

• John
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Framing should be a day. For a framing crew it would be more like an hour or two. After that depends on what all you are doing. And this is assuming there's a waiting foundation built.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

BAD assumption about a foundation. There is no reason to believe this person thinks a foundation is required.

• 4 weeks ago

depends on your skill level and number of helpers. 10ft wall is a two man job to get it up and properly plumb in safety

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I could EASILY plumb a wall that  SMALL single handed.

• 4 weeks ago

If I were only putting up walls, It would take me LESS than a day. If you will be using an extension cord for power, it is likely to burn down in even less time.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • L
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

How long will it be? 10 feet.

How long will it take? Several dependencies:

Your skills, materials being used, features of the room, door type (sliding, hung, accordion, etc), electrical outlets, lighting, switches, network connectivity, fan or air conditioning installation, ceiling fan, wall or ceiling insulation, flooring, sub-floor (slab or pier-and-beam, tension or something else), ceiling height... lots more.

You may "just need to put up the walls" but all of the above and more need to be considered - and each takes effort and time. Otherwise, you are building an uninsulated box (10x10/?) with no lighting, no power, no entrance/exit and not a "room".

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I have this gut feeling you should really think hard about hiring someone to build it for you...like a professional.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.