Will my doctor be able to provide me with medical proof that I have autism?

I'm 26, and one of my special ed teachers told me I have autism when I was 18. My mom says I have autism, but cant find the diagnostic papers. Im seeing my doctor tommarrow for something unrelated, but could she provide me the documentation papers if I ask?

2 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago


    Your doctor would have your entire medical file on record (either if he diagnosed you or if you transferred doctors). All you have to is ask to see the documentation, given you are an adult, he legally has to hand the files over to you for your viewing.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    Possibly, if he diagnosed you or has medical records from another provider who diagnosed you.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.