Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 4 weeks ago

Record label legit or scam?

Recently my friend got a message from this “Record Label” in New York. This person also has a dealership and is offering to hook him up with a car and a put him on his record label. The problem is i can’t find ANY information on this person, his “label” and even their “very successful” car dealership. Absolutely zero info on this person at all, does this seem legit? I don’t want my friend to end up getting screwed in the long run.

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

By the way, record labels are businesses and so are car dealerships.   If they exist, they should be registered with both the NYS department of revenue and also the NYS secretary of state.   

Even if these are legal businesses, that doesn't mean they are out to "help" your friend.  They would be trying to make money off your friend.   Your friend should never, ever, ever sign any type of entertainment industry contract without having HIS OWN attorney review it. 

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Does NOT sound legit.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If it's a message that came out of nowhere, it's most certainly a scam. If you can't find any info on the record label or the dealership, then they don't exist.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Jesus. The 2 of you combined might have the IQ of a moron.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It might be legit in the legal sense.

However, at best, it is one guy in his basement.

• 4 weeks ago

Of course it's a scam.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.