Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Is it true that there are some Christians who believe that dinosaurs never existed?

• Wundt

There are certainly some Christians who believe dinosaurs weren't real.  The explanations are usually "fossils are bones of animals drowned in the flood" or "fossils were created by Satan to fool men."  Those who deny the existence of dinosaurs are usually the extremist minority and/or the least educated Christians.

Christians believe a lot of crazy things: the result of being exposed to the evidence - but choosing to believe what God says instead (by faith).

This causes a problem. Dinosaurs don't just don't 'fit' what God says happened. This forces them into a corner: they have to do something with the bones; even making up lies out of their imaginations to account for them.

Put your own suspicions aside for a minute. Don't let anyone (including me) dictate to you what to think; and don't believe everything you think. Look at the evidence honestly and then decide for yourself. Because we have all been programmed to believe the world is billions of years old and evolution is a thing. Of course I believed it too; why wouldn’t I?

I mean we had PROOF… walk into any natural history museum and see for yourself: obviously there was a prehistoric world before the one we know. The dinosaurs were somehow obliterated and God ‘started again’. Right? Well… that begs the question…. what was He doing? “Practicing”? That made no sense.

So instead of ‘weaving’ what I knew into the evidence to try to make it fit, I did the unthinkable: I actually dared to ask God about it.

(Note: I don’t even take credit for asking. God ‘confined me’ to pray so that I could experience Him. Otherwise we would not attribute answers to the prayer to His Divine Choreography. Without prayer, it would seem to us that random stuff was just happening. The answer to prayer makes us thankful and humble. A beggar cannot brag because he had his hand open to receive.)

You see, He gave this foolish old woman wisdom to confound the wise and learned. He loves doing that; and I love that about Him. :)

The following is just a tiny portion of two years of God-guided experience, using only secular science (before there was anything like a ‘creationist website’).

Enjoy and share - but be kind as you help people reach your level of understanding. Test everything.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. He created everything in the beginning, before He called the things He had made into being during the increments of darkness and light He called ‘days’. You were there, in the heart of God in the beginning; and you have been called into being NOW. That is why you are called a human, being. God created and sustains the material world from the - more real - supernatural dimention. I will tell you how to enter it at the end of my answer.

Fish eggs are still fish eggs and chicken eggs are still chicken eggs. Horse spermatazoa is still horse spermatazoa. Speciation - as within dog breeds - or changes within a species to adapt to environment cannot change one kind of animal into another. Look at the evidence honestly - putting all biases aside- then make your decision.

The word 'dinosaur' came from two Greek words that mean 'terrible lizard': a word made up in the 1800s to describe reptile fossils (fossil is from the French for 'dug up').

Tsunami waves engulfed everything in mud, then under the forces of extreme pressure turned them into stone. For a year and a half minerals (silica mostly) permiated plant and animal tissues. The mud also solidified as it compressed under the weight of billions of tons of water. Stone cannot be dated. Once around the sun is a year: you cannot hold up a rock and decide how many times it travelled around the sun.

When a fish dies, it rots or gets eaten; it does NOT turn into a fossil. But there are fish fossils everywhere; even on mountains. Every fossil is the result of the world-wide flood. Period. Do you want to see evolution? God can raise children for Abraham from the stones if He wants.  He doesn't need any of us. He can change what is in the blink of an eye.... He doesn't need millenia.

Dear one, if you’re triggered, let me assure you I don't care that you are; but I do (very much) care about you. That's why I'm here, to tell you that you can't afford to be wrong about your Maker. Will you change your attitude? Will you change your mind? God loves you; all He wants is for you to know Him - and He wants to care for you: you are the only one standing in His way.

In the beginning, the world had a subtropical atmosphere... the temperatures were warm over most of the world. I know this because reptiles are cold blooded; they can't survive in cold climates, they need heat. Reptile fossils are found in regions that have freezing winters, so there must have been no winters before the flood. The 'water canopy' kept the world in a state like a terrarium; it never rained. This could mean the world wasn't spinning on a tilt back then: it's axis may have been parallel to the sun.

Bubbles trapped in amber (fossilized sap) prove the air had 50% more oxygen. Oxygen-packed air meant everything lived ten times longer: horns, tusks, fangs, reptiles, bugs, grasses and trees grew huge. We know the age of tigers by the length of their fangs. You don’t think sabre-toothed tigers were born that way, do you? Tigers are born without teeth.

You've heard of bacteria 'evolving'? No such thing: simply, the hardier bacteria were never killed off by the antibiotic in the first place. The weaker bacteria were. All that's left is 'resistant' bacteria. They were never subject to antibiotics to begin with. They never 'evolved': they are still and always will be, just bacteria.

Repetition was how we got brainwashed, so a little repetition may be needed to free you from the lies: fossils were created when silica permeated the tissues of plants and animals making them into stone replicas of themselves. Tsunami waves buried everything under billions of tons of water for over a year, the minerals turned them into stone. Stone cannot be dated. Oxygen molecules bonded to hydrogen to form the water that filled the oceans. There were no oceans before the flood, only seas.

Why did God flood the world?

Fallen angels originally had bodies of their own. They fell to earth and lived with the humans. Their ‘seed’ - the spawn of Satan - is spoken of in Gen. 3. They made love to the daughters of men and had children by them. These half-breeds were known as the Nephilim. They were giants. Heroes. Men of renown. People sacrificed their children to them at places like Stonehenge. They were pure evil... a good part of the reason why God flooded the world.

Eight people survived the flood 4500 years ago.  One hundred years later, their offspring directly disobeyed orders to disperse and instead came together to build the Tower of Babel."Nothing will be impossible for them." God said... So to slow technology (so we wouldn't kill ourselves off) He mixed up their languages and scattered them - also dividing the land. Pangea - the great post-flood continent - was split at this time. See Gen. 10:25 and 11:8-9

I mean - can you imagine? Electricity has always existed... we just recently learned how to harness it. What would have happened if the ancient Egyptians had that power?

The people were scattered throughout the world - and we are all descendants of them. They took the stories of God, creation, the pre-flood people and world, and the stories of the flood with them. The ancient Chinese language is a pictograph of Genesis 1-11, and their ancient word for 'boat' contains the number 8 for the 8 people that were on the ark. 

There are stories about these events found in every ancient culture around the world (230 at last count).The pyramids found all over the world are replicas of the tower of Babel.

Go to Google earth and search 'Tower of Babel'... the site is still there. Then Google 'Noah's Ark TURKEY'... a tourist attraction since the 70's.

One more time so it sticks: minerals entered the tissues of plants and animals after burial in mud; under the forces of extreme pressure - everything fossilized and became stone. The only reason why fossils even exist is because of the worldwide flood.

How to enter the supernatural dimention here and now: the Kingdom of God. Doing so will give you new eyes to see, new ears to hear, and a new heart to love with. Do it not and perish.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man-made efforts to get to God, and therefore, ultimately, heaven. The way to God is a PERSON, not a religion. 

"I am the way." 

"I am the door." 

"I am the gate." 

Test these claims Jesus made about Himself. He is the only way into God's Kingdom: Jesus is the one and only real-life PORTAL into this spiritual dimention... a fourth dimention. His kingdom on earth. The cross is a spiritual 'black hole' for the world's sins, crimes and evil. Any organization that makes the (ridiculous) claim "You need Jesus PLUS US to get to heaven." is not from God. Jesus is all you will ever, ever need. 

"Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest for your souls. Take My yoke upon you; for My burden is easy, and My yoke is light." 

Do this and live.. Do it today. Tomorrow may be too late.

Trees like this one - buried upright in the mud-turned-to-stone during the world wide flood are found everywhere in the world. You don’t think it grew through ‘billions of years of rock’ do you?

Yes, it is. But God is not going to deceive us by planting fake fossils, and Satan has no creative power. Those creatures existed.

• Paul

A couple of percent of fundamentalist Protestants claim to believe that. But not the other 98% of Christians.

That is true, I have also met nuts that believe we existed at the same time and use to ride them. When you live in the world of make believe, all is possible.

I gather there are some who think dinosaur fossils are some kind of demonic fake. And others who think dinosaurs must have co-existed with humans, before the Flood. 

Please understand that these notions don't represent Christians in general. I'm a lifelong Christian, raised in a missionary family, and dinosaurs were among my childhood enthusiasms.

• Jeremy

Unfortunately, yes.  Although, I think the more common, but equally crazy idea from young Earth creationists is that dinosaurs existed alongside mankind.  They claim everything, including dinos and humans were made in week 1.  Then dinos died out, potentially in Noah's flood or at some time later.

This is true.  They believe that the world is only a few thousand years old and that dinosaurs did not exist because they were never recorded in the Bible.  (Lots of other things were not)

Yes, but there's some debate among the lunatic fringe about who planted the fake dinosaur bones, God or Satan.

Dinosaurs existed but they were destroyed during great flood of 3000 BC

• Pyriform

"Dinosaurs ... were destroyed during great flood of 3000 BC"
      Why? Is the Bible wrong when it claims that two of all animals that breath through their nostrils were taken on board?