Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 8 months ago

What is the probability of being born on your birthday?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

I’m going to assume that your question is just badly worded, as the chance of you being born on your own birthday are obviously 100% for any live birth.

The chance of anyone being born on your birthday are 1 in 365, or if you’re born on February 29th it’s 1 in 1461.My mum hit the jackpot with that as my brother was born on her birthday, 10th January.I then met and married one of a pair of identical twins born on 10th January. 

• 8 months ago

the probability of being born on a specific day of the year (your birthday) is 1/365.25 the .25 calculates the extra day added for a leap year.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Um, there's no probability. Whatever day you're born on is the day that's your birthday. Like wtf. Lol.

• 8 months ago

In the strict definition of birthday, that's the day used to celebrate the anniversary of your birth.

So your 1st birthday is 1 year after you were born. Your 2nd birthday is 2 years after you were born, etc.

So NOBODY is born on their birthday. They are only born on their birthdate and then celebrate birthdays every year after that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

100% what other day would a person be born on? That's why they call it your birthday.

• 8 months ago

birth day or birth date?

birth day, eg, day of the week, 1/7

birth date, eg, day of the year, 1/365.25

actual birth date, including year,  1 / (365•38)

(average age in US is 38)

• 8 months ago

your birthday comes up once every 365days or 366 every 4th year so on average the chances of you being born on your birthday is 1/365.25 which is aprox 0.27% chance

• 8 months ago

P(Borth on birthday ) = 1

That means total certainty!!!!

• 8 months ago

100%  Your birthday is determined by the day you were born, so you are always born on your birthday.

• 8 months ago

1 in 365, obviously.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Seven                .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.