Do you like physical or digital copies of video games better?

I prefer physical because I just like to have the case and see my collection. I only buy digital if it’s a killer sale or a cheaper game I know I wouldn’t care to have a physical copy of. 

Also, if you prefer physics copies, do you care about the case condition? I do not want stickers or a beat up looking case. I saw a $10 game from 2016 at GameStop that I wanted but didn’t because it looked like someone dragged the case across the parking lot. I told my friend about it and he said “I get it, you don’t want to buy something that looks like trash.” Made sense. 

Physical, for the same reason as you, to an extent. But also, the download and install time is much faster considering my internet speed is dire. That said, the vast majority of my PC game purchases are digital. I guess this answer just refers to console.

I always get the case in best condition and check the disc before I leave the shop. I virtually never buy a game new, so I try to make sure the case isn't too shabby. I have been known to ask the cashier to swap the sleeve to a new case. I don't think that's unreasonable if it's damaged.  

Physical because if I don't like it I can return.  You can't return digital games.  

Many Switch games are only released digital, or "Limited" which I refuse to pay upwards of $100 for a simple side scroll platform deal. So many of my Switch games are digital. I will buy PS4 and Xbox Exclusives physical. Nintendo sucks!!!! 

I was there back before NES, playing Yars Revenge on 2600.

I mean, I'll always like physical, but in this day in age, everything requires an update as soon as you put the disc in; and even more importantly, it would seem that I'm already installing the whole game anyways, so I might as well get a digital copy so that I don't have to change out discs. Really the only practical benefit of physical for me atm, is being able to take the game to someone else's house; but that rarely ever comes up.

Cheers.

I prefer digital. It won't break or get scratches. Easily accessible and frees up physical storage.

• Spa

I have too much junk in my house!  i say digital copies are best.

Source(s): me

Physical games without a doubt. If you buy a digital game and it turns out not to be very good, you're stuck with it forever. No ability to sell. Physical games also look nice on the shelf.

physical because I am a purist

Since I mostly game on PC, I prefer digital. Most games on PC are only released in digital format through Steam or some other digital client. I preoreded COD WW2 on disk (or so I though) for PC. I bought it that way because my Internet wasn't that fast at the time and I didn't want to have to download the entire 70Gb+ game.  When I picked up the game at GameStop, I was a bit disappointed that the physical copy is only the box and the activation code; that's it.

As far as the box condition goes, I would prefer to have box that is in very good condition if possible, but it really isn't that big of a deal for me. The important thing is that the game works. I do try to keep my physical games (PC and console) in good condition, but if the box gets damaged, I don't sweat it too much.

Digital, because I’m terrible at caring for disks.