Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 4 weeks ago

Sport mode upshift vs sport mode downshift?

I just bought a car with an automatic transmission. There are 2 drive modes one is +Sport mode upshift and the the other is  -sport mode downshift. What’s the difference and which is better just for everyday driving?

• Poppy

Sport mode will use more fuel, but might be more fun driving.

You're talking about the mode for manually shifting the gears. When in the sportronic mode the (+) upshifts one gear at a time and the (-) downshifts one gear at a time.

The shift lever needs to be in the sportronic mode position before you can manually shift the gears.

Get a manual or watch a youtube video for how to use sportronic transmissions.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Apparently you've never heard of an OWNER'S MANUAL. Get one and read it. 

Owners manual should tell you which one is better for gas mileage. Bro-in-law always had my sisters Saturn in "sport mode" and his MPG's sucked. I had the car for a week when he was out of town and did a lot of TLC on the car and noticed the switch and flipped it off and drive it 150 miles and MPG's were 30+ MPG. Let him know and he copped an attitude. Ha!

go ahead and junk that sounds made up u got scammed fam

It is time to read the owner's manual.  You may be trolling or you clearly do not have a clue.

• Agreed, I couldn't believe what I read either.  Viewing these questions from the UK, I come to conclusion that there are a lot of dumb/naive people (out there) posting really dumb questions.