Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

do vegetarian or vegans that eat a lot of alternative meat products realize that they are unhealthy?

Favorite Answer

Posting anonymously does little for your credibility. "Realize" implies something factual. Some might, of course, be unhealthy, but nothing like as unhealthy for themselves and the planet as meat!

• Walt

no I used to eat them but have you seen the label

I'm a meat eater, and I do not eat fake meat at all. I only eat real meat and real dairy. I also eat pasta and rice dishes. I also eat some fruits and vegetables. But giving up meat and dairy is not an option. Eating fake meat is not an option.

I don't know if eating fake meat is unhealthy or not. At the same time, I don't care. If you are going to eat meat, then eat real meat. Not the fake stuff.

There's a rumor going around that eating tofu and other fake meats have phyto-estrogens in them. That they can turn a man feminine and cause him to become a homosexual and grow man-boobs. If that's the case, I definitely don't want fake meat. I'm a straight man, and I don't want to be some effeminate soy boy who's probably a sodomite. That would be totally unacceptable. And I don't care if the liberals don't like it. This sodomite homosexual/vegan agenda is morally wrong. In the Bible, it warns us in 1 Timothy 4 that in the last days, some would depart from the (Christian) faith. They would give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. They would speak lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron. They would forbid marriage (which is always between one man and one woman in the Bible), and they would command people to abstain from eating meat. In the context, I believe it is talking about meat, not just food in general. This describes the militant veganism agenda.

I know, it's funny how they don't realize they're actually craving real meat when they eat these meat imitations lolol it's pure delusion. These vegan meat products have LOADSS!!!! of chemical's in them that it's not even funny. Not to mention the high amount of estrogen in them. I'm surprised the men have not grew a pus pus yet. Vegan meats are full of veggie oils and sugars and that is the no1 cause of heart disease NOT saturated animal fats. Simple 

not all meat alternative products are unhealthy.

the home made bean "burgers" are not unhealthy.

AND the store bought ones aren't always as unhealthy as eating oreos are, which are not meat substitutes but are indeed vegan

• Janet

Factory made meat substitutes are not healthy.

But vegans can get good protein and enough protein by eating quinoa, soy, tofu, and legumes-with-rice. They DO need to take supplements of zinc, iron, calcium and Vitamin B, but otherwise a plant-based diet is just as healthy as eating meat.

The reason meat-based diets have such a bad reputation, is because MOST people eat meat and MOST people do not eat a healthy diet ... too high in the wrong kinds of fat, too much junk food and refined carbohydrates, and not enough vegetables. There is no reason why a meat diet needs to be unhealthy.

And while it is true that you can feed a LOT more people off an acre of soybeans than an acre of cattle, the fact is that pastureland is pastureland because it is NOT suitable for cropping. So if you weren't growing cattle on that land you would not be producing any food off that land.

As far as the argument about livestock and methane, the MAJOR contributors are industry and automobiles ... and that includes those industries that manufacture alternative "meat" products.

Probably not... maybe they don't bother to read ingredients? People can make their own fake meats using mushrooms, beets and other things. Those are much better. but still, they eat a lot of grains and sugars as the rule. How is that healthy? And they aren't getting enough healthy fats in their diet either, most of the time.

i doubt they realize that their entire diet is unhealthy. Unless they use healthy fats in their diet, they are sunk. Plus like i told you in your other question, many are fat from eating grains and sugars

• Anton

Most vegetarian/vegans do not eat a lot of fake meat. Most of the fake meat is eaten by omnivores.

Those fake meats are no worse than any other highly produced food such as Hot Dogs.

some of them might realize that