What counts as “proof of eligibility to work in the US?”?

I’m going to a flight attendant interview and I’m gathering everything I need. One of the requirements is “proof of eligibility to work in the u.s and the ability to travel internationally.” What exactly would that be?

I’m aware that you can bring id and a social security however they already asked that. 

Look at form I9.   It has the list of acceptable documents.

If you have a USA passport, you're fine. 

Already, I don't think you qualify.

Being a citizen

Being a permanent resident

Having a visa that allows you to work in the USA

• Judy

A passport would work for both of those.

If you are not a U.S. citizen, a Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card), an Employment Authorization Document (work permit), or an employment-related visa which allows you to work for a particular employer 

If you are a citizen, you are not required to show any proof by law. A statement that you are a citizen is all that is needed. The employer can ask for a social security card, though there is no legal requirement to show it.

I've never heard of proof of ability to travel internationally. You would need a passport, I assume, but I doubt that they require a passport before you are hired.

"Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S." means ID and proof that you are a citizen or legal permanent resident or have a visa of a type that allows you to work legally. Typically your driver's license and one of the following: a birth certificate for someone born in the U.S., naturalization papers for a citizen born elsewhere, or a green card or visa for anyone else.

• ?

If you're an American citizen, you'll need a Social Security card and a US passport.

• A.J.

A US Citizen needs a Social Security card and US Passport.

If you are not a US Citizen, state your situation.

• Joe

For a typical U.S. citizen, a passport would be what they are looking for.

Passport maybe?////////////////