What counts as “proof of eligibility to work in the US?”?

I’m going to a flight attendant interview and I’m gathering everything I need. One of the requirements is “proof of eligibility to work in the u.s and the ability to travel internationally.” What exactly would that be?

Update:

I’m aware that you can bring id and a social security however they already asked that. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Look at form I9.   It has the list of acceptable documents.

If you have a USA passport, you're fine. 

• 4 weeks ago

Already, I don't think you qualify.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Being a citizen

Being a permanent resident

Having a visa that allows you to work in the USA

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A passport would work for both of those.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

If you are not a U.S. citizen, a Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card), an Employment Authorization Document (work permit), or an employment-related visa which allows you to work for a particular employer 

If you are a citizen, you are not required to show any proof by law. A statement that you are a citizen is all that is needed. The employer can ask for a social security card, though there is no legal requirement to show it.

I've never heard of proof of ability to travel internationally. You would need a passport, I assume, but I doubt that they require a passport before you are hired.

• 4 weeks ago

"Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S." means ID and proof that you are a citizen or legal permanent resident or have a visa of a type that allows you to work legally. Typically your driver's license and one of the following: a birth certificate for someone born in the U.S., naturalization papers for a citizen born elsewhere, or a green card or visa for anyone else.

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If you're an American citizen, you'll need a Social Security card and a US passport.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A US Citizen needs a Social Security card and US Passport.

If you are not a US Citizen, state your situation.

• Joe
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

For a typical U.S. citizen, a passport would be what they are looking for.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Passport maybe?////////////////

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.