What did tenant do to damage boiler? Leaking now.?

So boiler is faulty plumber came down he checked air pressure and lots of water started leaking out.

I am certain the tenant did some thing because he has mental health issues and his appliances always go faulty in last two weeks his microwave and door handle went faulty and now boiler. 3 items in 2 weeks is not normal.

What did the tenant do to the boiler?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

its very usual that electric appliances get damaged often. your tenant need not to be blame in this situation, if the problem pertains to your Tenant make sure he vacates your place. if not there might be a leak in water tube.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Tenant did nothing.  You are a landlord.  Stuff needs maintenance and that is your department.

What you described is a saturated boiler.  There was no air pressure in it.  It was full of water.I have worked on wells so I know that...plumber should have said the same thing and pumped in some air. Not a big deal.  Air dissolves in water (slowly, but it does dissolve so the air pressure has to be occasionally renewed with a simple hand pump.  Some old tanks do not have bladders.  Just a piece of wood inside.

- How do YOU not know this?

Microwaves fail.  That is how they are built.  Not to last.

Door handles also get worn out.  I know you have a stash of 50 extra door knobs.  So switch it.  It is your job as landlord to maintain the properties you get rent from.

I have worked for many LL and know that they have many units that they take care of and many extra parts.   They swap them around to go as cheap as possible.

You are accusing a person with mental health issues to be SMART ENOUGH to do this kind of damage?    A person having issues is just bright enough to throw a rock through a window and that is about it.

The people with mental health issues generally are the most kindest people there are and they respect other peoples stuff and have no MALICE  towards any one.  Mainly because that requires cognitive thought.  They have just learned to take care of themselves enough to be on their own. 

These were not NEW ITEMS WHEN HE MOVED IN, it just happened while he was the tenant.(yet, you forget about all the other tenants before him?)  Who has the mental issue?

There is NOTHING YOU CAN PROVE.  Live with it.  You get rent money that more than covers the cost of you fixing stuff.   You work FOR HIM AND EVERY TENANT.

Handyman+35 years

• 2 months ago

Nothing. The bladder in the expansion tank failed which is common.

• 2 months ago

It's called Landlord Syndrome.  It happens because landlords generally consider the working class tenant to be in a lower social class.  Whether or not the tenant is mentally ill or poor, you believe that and it further lowered your opinion of the social class of the tenant.  Anything the man does is suspect in your eyes and it isn't going to get better unless you learn to respect him.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • elhigh
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your description is useless.

"What did the tenant do based on this vague description?" Anything. He went down there with a screwdriver and started stabbing. He called in an air strike. He inscribed a pentagram on the floor and spoke the eldritch words of power. He did nothing whatsoever and your piece of crap property is falling apart and it's just his bad luck that he lives there at the same time you own it.

Actually, that last one is more likely. I'm going to go with that.

• 2 months ago

get professional answer from the plumber who fixes it and stop trying to find reason to evict this person.  Just because you don't understand this person's thought processes does not make them the cause of everything unhappy that happens.  Especially since you're a landlord and should know that the older equipment gets, the more likely it is to break down.

Source(s): granddad
  • 2 months ago

If the pressure on a boiler is too low, you have to release air from it, and that involves releasing the seal temporarily to allow air out and water in, and this results in water coming from the valve. It's normal.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Did you ask the plumber what he thought? Boilers can fail and so can microwaves and door handles. I doubt your tenant would deliberately sabotage the boiler at this time of the year. If you are still concerned you could fit a couple of covert cameras in your property. But to me it just sounds like coincidence.

• 2 months ago

No the boiler is faulty because it is old 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Bladder in pressure tank is broken.  Tenant might have closed a shut off valve but this is very unlikely. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.