What’s the best way to tell someone they can’t stay over ?

I have a fake friend who is 8 months pregnant who asked me if it was okay for her and her mother to stay at my house while she has her doctors appointment... I think that it’s super inappropriate being that I have a one bedroom, work overnight and have never met her mother before.... and when I was staying at her home before I had an apartment she was charging me 800 dollars rent to split a room. Her rent was 1700 and she split it half half with her boyfriend at the time (so I was basically paying her half while she was living rent free) she doesn’t text me to ask how I am or anything she only texts me when she needs to stay over... what’s the best way to cut her off and let her know my home isn’t a hotel for her to stay when she’s in town ? 

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Amy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You just tell her that there isn't room for two guests. Suggest that in her condition she'd be more comfortable in a hotel bed than sleeping on your floor.

• 3 weeks ago

My biggest questions are what the hell is a "fake friend" and do you understand the process of how to say no?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No. Repeat that word as necessary.  Or tell her it's $150 a night.

• 4 weeks ago

"No" is a complete sentence, and requires no explanation or justification

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Just say no. Period. There is no best way to deal with this situation. Your answer is no. Unless you want to make up bogus excuses and string the whole situation along there realy isn't any other way. She's obviously using you. Just say no.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

"Sorry, but I will not be able to accommodate you."

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Currently I am renting a basement, for $500 per month. Wow that's expensive, for a room. The most money I paid, for was $475, for a room.

The next place that I am going to be renting probably is going to cost me somewhere between $3,500 - $5,000 per year. Well I don't remember the exact amount, but I think it might be around what I said, and I will be living alone.

She is your fake friend, so you deal with her. I don't want anything to do with those people.

• 4 weeks ago

You just say no....thats it. Tell them "sorry, but this isnt going to work for me."  If you lose a fake friend over this...so what?

• 4 weeks ago

If it were me I'd just tell her you may be having someone else stay over and the place isn't big enough for more people.  If she compalins just keep repeating that you are very sorry but the place really isn't big enough. This sounds like someone who will walk all over you until you put your foot down and make it stop.

• 4 weeks ago

It's best to not have fake friends.  Saying no is easy, but to be tactful it should be done while including an alternative suggestion too.  Like "No, but maybe you could stay at a homeless shelter."  But then again why do you care to not tick off a fake friend, a fake friend wouldn't care about your feelings or well being.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.