Fraudulent digital pay used at Walmart?

Im a cashier at Walmart. Yesterday I was questioned regarding a transaction, that appeared to be  fraudulent.  The customer  purchased close to $80 worth of merchandise.  She payed with a barcode on her phone, which I scanned. The transaction  showed up as a check transaction. I didnt realize  that  at the time.The " check" is missing since it's never been a check. Can you please help me figure this out? Thank you!

Their job to train you to catch fraud, you are not expected to be an expert.

Talk to your manager.

You speak with your manager and explain what happened...thats what you do.  

Also, other than using Apple Pay or something similar...I cannot think of any way a person could make payment using a barcode...

If your manager does not know, the chances of strangers knowing is near zero.

I think that your manager is the one person who can answer your question

• Eva1 month agoReport

They dont know how this could of happened.  That's why Im aking here.