Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Will my baby be ok? Screaming while pregnant. ?

Does screaming while pregnant hurt the baby in any way? I google it and it just gives me stuff about it hurting their hearing but not very reliable information.... 

screaming as in when I’m really mad and super stressed.... it happens more frequently than I wish, but it happens. So I want to know, since I’m 8 months pregnant, if my baby is being harmed in anyway due to the screaming. Like actual, top of my lungs, screaming. 

Thanks. 

• Edna
    Favorite Answer

Screaming at the top of your lungs if you're mad or super stressed won't  hurt your baby, and your emotions can't affect an unborn child. The baby couldn't even HEAR  you screaming. An unborn baby can't "hear" any noise that goes on outside the mother's body. 

• Jenna1 month agoReport

Thank you. 

Screaming will not hurt your unborn baby but stress can affect him or her. I know this because I have weekly fetal non-stress tests and while hooked up to the monitor, I started having an anxiety attack and the baby's heart rate increased. Once I relaxed the baby's heart rate went down to normal too. 

The effect is more emotional than physical... and emotional health can impact physical health. If you are often in an aroused state you are producing higher levels of stress hormones and those do cross the placenta. After birth, a child in a highly stressed environment with a parent who is often dysregulated is at risk for various ailments.

I'm probably more concerned when the baby is born & you do this.....

• Jenna1 month agoReport

Don’t need to worry about that, I’m not a ******* monster. Thanks tho. 🙄 

Your baby is fine.

Give that baby up for adoption. You are too immature to be a mother.

• MissA

No, it's not.

But being born to a mother who has what sounds like strikingly bad mental health is *not* going to do them any favors. A born baby who gets screamed at or whose mother is constantly angry and stressed out is going to have some serious problems.

So go seek help. Now, before you are sleep deprived and poor and living with a tiny human who relies on you being a good mom.

• Jenna1 month agoReport

“Strikingly bad mental health” lol whatever you say.... you literally don’t know me or my situation in the slightest. I would never scream AT my newborn baby/child. People on the internet assume the craziest **** and run with it. 

"I google it and it just gives me stuff about it hurting their hearing" - This is not true. Sounds while pregnant can not harm the baby's ears.

But, I would suggest you quickly get out of this situation to where you are screaming at the top of your lungs.

If your living situation results in you being so stressed that you are screaming to an extent that you are worried about harming your child, something absolutely has to change before you bring a child into that situation.  The stress is harming you and will harm your child going forward.

No screaming does not hurt the baby.

• Jenna1 month agoReport

Thank you.