Claire
Lv 7
Claire asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Do we now refer to the former Prince Harry as Private Citizen Harry?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Harry still retains his titles of Duke of Sussex and Earl of Dumbarton. I would suggest he be referred to henceforth as the Duke of Earl. 

• Claire
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Duke duke duke, duke of earl...

• Jade
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I think we should forget about Harry and Megan now they treated our Queen disgracefully.

• Prince
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Not once they're in California. Californians are going to call them Prince Harry and Princess Meghan ANYWAY. Because we don't give a tinker's damn about what is official or not in the British Monarchy and we will have our first real royalty. Yay! 

• Edna
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

They aren't planning to live in California; they're planning to live in Canada. After all, Harry's grandmother is the Queen of Canada. 

• Rico
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

He’s still a Prince, Duke and Earl AND still holds the title HRH (they agreed not to use it, it wasn’t taken from them) so Your Royal Highness in the first instance, then Sir is still the correct form of address. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

He is still a Prince but if I were to meet him I would address him as Sir

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

We just shouldn't refer to him at all which would seem to satisfy him from his statements - - - we'll learn how serious he is.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, still as Prince Harry or Sir.

• 1 month ago

He is still the Duke of Sussex. So officially you should address him as 'your grace'.

However, at a commoner level he is Mr Henry Mountbatten-Windsor.

But I think he would be quite happy with just 'Harry'.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Would we refer to you as 'Private Citizen Claire'?

Don't be so ridiculous.

• Claire
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yes.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Harry is still a prince, so he is "Prince Harry." He would like to be treated like a private citizen, but he is still a royal of note. He is not totally free to do anything that  he wishes as he is a member of the British Royal Family--he still has to be mindful of what he does.

He can be referred to as The Duke of Sussex, Prince Harry, Harry Sussex, Harry Mountbatten-Windsor...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No because he is still prince harry.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.