Can someone cash and deposit a check into my account for me?

I will be going out of town possibly before getting my check from work. I was wondering is it possible for someone to cash my check and then deposit the cash into my account so I am able to have it the same day they deposit it? I have Huntington Bank if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance! 

They can deposit a check for you. They cannot withdraw. Aren't there ATMs where you are going?

• DON W

If you had direct deposit, it would automatically go into your bank account, and that day, wherever you were, you could withdraw it (or at least a good chunk of it), via an ATM.

Speak to your workplace about getting direct deposit so this doesn't happen again to you.

Someone else can deposit it for you, but they can't cash it. Have them deposit it into your account.

Just sign the check and write for deposit only on it.

• Maxi

Where I live no..but you do not state where you live and banking rules are different world wide....... one thing for sure no one can cash it when you are out of town before it arrives, what they can do is deposit it into your account, so once cleared you have access to it

• Eva

Someone else cannot cash a check made out to you . The bank won't cash it anyway if you don't have the funds in your account to cover it. You might better arrange direct deposit with your workplace. Almost all banks have next day availability.

No.  Someone else cannot cash a check that is made out to you.

They can deposit it into your account, but you're correct that there will be a hold on (some or most of) the funds. 

Your employer may be able to set up direct deposit for you.   They may also be willing to give you a payroll advance.