To my fellow atheists, does it annoy you that some religious nut jobs on Y/A block atheists so they don't want to hear what we have to say?

Religious nut jobs ask questions directed at atheists and yet they probably go through the answers on the website and find out who is atheist so they block the user which makes the religious nut job ignorant and have selective hearing. Since atheists can't answer questions directed at them, this must be frustrating for us atheists. Religious nut jobs are just a nuisance and have no understanding in atheism which means they are ignorant.

• Bill-M
    Favorite Answer

Yes.  Once Such A.H. has blocked me.  I guess he/she does not like hearing the Truth.

• BBagwinds

All you have to do is write a comment like this; the few times I've done it I've posted on the answer most likely to be chosen as BA.

I don’t know. I don’t know what religion I am let alone that

• I mean I haven’t decided yet

• JASON

Yes it does. They're obviously scared that we'll win the point of the question and show the asker's ignorance.

• rick

Not sure about this "blocking" stuff. I think censorship in any form is wrong. It's a tool of dictators and despots. Over the years, I've been "violated" by other users, because my views were offensive to them. Most of the time (not always) YA has reversed the violation. Blocking, reporting, or censoring is always wrong.

Yes, it does annoy me.  Religious "nut jobs" have been a real pain in my life ever since I was a young boy, being forced by my parents to attend a crazy serpent-handling Pentecostal church I was deeply ashamed of.  

• Cogito

I do find myself irritated by them.  I'm guessing that our answers cannot be contradicted or they cannot think up any convincing counter-argument.  Either that, or they're really fearful that we may be right!

• Shadow

I agree with you.