How can I sell my home in Central Florida without using a realtor?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

You can just put a sign in your yard saying "For Sale by Owner" and advertise in the newspaper and online a few places.  However, I would suggest it might be more beneficial to set the price you would ask for it, then list it with a realtor for 6% more (and tell the realtor you'll only give them a 6% commission).  The exposure to buyers that realtors grant you, and the knowledge of the selling process and how contracts work it well worth the 6% you pay them, but you can try selling it yourself if you have your heart set on that.

• Mark
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

There are fixed-fee services like Help-U-Sell that charge a flat rate, but get you on the MLS.

• 8 months ago

You will spend more and still have less advertising than if you listed with a Realtor.  Places like zillow and trulia charge you.  A Realtor gets them and over 100 more for free.

• 8 months ago

place ads, meet with potential buyers....i would suggest hiring a lawyer for the contract.

honestly, you may make more money by using a realtor...they bring in a larger pool of buyers, put out the expense of advertising/marketing, and often get you a higher price than you could get on your own...and sell it quicker.

say for example, your monthly expenses on the house are $1000 (property tax, mortgage interest, keeping the utilities on, etc).

you do FSBO, it takes you 6 months to find a buyer and sell for 95,000.....and you have paid out $6000 plus marketing expenses.

or you hire a realtor who sells it for 100K  within 1 month....you pay the realtor 6000, but spend 5000-6000 less on expenses....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.