Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

I had a woman tell me that because I am a man, I cannot have an opinion on abortion because I dont have a vagina. Thoughts?

• sarah
    Favorite Answer

I think it's fine for men to have opinions on abortion. And in the event that you're the man who got the woman pregnant, you DEFINITELY have the right to an opinion on it, because that's your child just as much as it is yours.

It's a way to silence men.

I'm a woman and those who favor abortion aren't interested in my thoughts on the inherent injustice of abortion either.

Wow, she's something else isn't she 🙄 of course you can have an opinion. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. If the woman is carrying your child then you have a 50% say about the abortion. Like the mother has 50%.

• LizB

You can have an opinion, but as someone who will never suffer any of the physical or psychological risks of pregnancy/childbirth, you should also know when to stay in your lane.

Everyone has opinions on everything.

• MissA

Yeah that's totally a thing that happened and not some amateurish internet provocateurism you're trying.

• MissA

TBH, no, I never have.  I've heard a lot of people say that the opinions of men on abortion are irrelevant, not that they shouldn't exist.

False. 

Remember opinions are like assholes we all have one.

I can confidently tell you that I am a woman, have a vagina, have a uterus, and have given birth, and those who are in favor of abortion don't care about my opinion either.

• cmac'm

True to a point I think, I usually concede that point, you can have an opinion but it's not your legal choice.  However I am morally against abortion and I don't want to pay for other people's elective abortions.

• cmac'm

Life is not cherished enough in our society. There are very few times in our lives that we have the utmost reverence for life- usually when someone close dies or is born or we have children. Life is to be cherished, celebrated, and held to the highest moral standard.

• Janet

You certainly have the right to your opinions. But that does NOT give you the RIGHT to determine what she does with what is happening in HER body.

Just as no woman can force you to have a vasectomy.