Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

I had a woman tell me that because I am a man, I cannot have an opinion on abortion because I dont have a vagina. Thoughts?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • sarah
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I think it's fine for men to have opinions on abortion. And in the event that you're the man who got the woman pregnant, you DEFINITELY have the right to an opinion on it, because that's your child just as much as it is yours.

• 1 month ago

It's a way to silence men.

I'm a woman and those who favor abortion aren't interested in my thoughts on the inherent injustice of abortion either.

• 1 month ago

Wow, she's something else isn't she 🙄 of course you can have an opinion. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. If the woman is carrying your child then you have a 50% say about the abortion. Like the mother has 50%.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can have an opinion, but as someone who will never suffer any of the physical or psychological risks of pregnancy/childbirth, you should also know when to stay in your lane.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Everyone has opinions on everything.

• MissA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yeah that's totally a thing that happened and not some amateurish internet provocateurism you're trying.

• ...Show all comments
    • MissA
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

TBH, no, I never have.  I've heard a lot of people say that the opinions of men on abortion are irrelevant, not that they shouldn't exist.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

False. 

Remember opinions are like assholes we all have one.

• 1 month ago

I can confidently tell you that I am a woman, have a vagina, have a uterus, and have given birth, and those who are in favor of abortion don't care about my opinion either.

• cmac'm
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

True to a point I think, I usually concede that point, you can have an opinion but it's not your legal choice.  However I am morally against abortion and I don't want to pay for other people's elective abortions.

• ...Show all comments
    • cmac'm
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Life is not cherished enough in our society. There are very few times in our lives that we have the utmost reverence for life- usually when someone close dies or is born or we have children. Life is to be cherished, celebrated, and held to the highest moral standard.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You certainly have the right to your opinions. But that does NOT give you the RIGHT to determine what she does with what is happening in HER body.

Just as no woman can force you to have a vasectomy.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.