Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

why do people not like you shutting the elevator door on them?

when you are first in and going to the top? Shouldn't they have gone there earlier? And when you tell them that (as the door closes) they get real angery 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, because ACTIVELY shutting the door (as opposed to just letting in close itself) is a form of aggression (not "assertiveness").  But I have often wondered why people seem to get thrown into a tizzy when they miss an elevator.  One will probably arrive in 30 seconds, so it's not like having to stand in the rain for an hour, waiting for a bus.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

What I've seen people do in this situation was that they'll push the button for their floor, then hold the door open for the other person who arrives at the elevator. Most elevators will go to your floor first (although not all of them will).

In college I lived in a large dorm with six floors and only two elevators. At busy times you'd always hear someone holler, "Hold the elevator!" Most time people would do so, unless the elevator was already completely full.

• 1 month ago

If you have time to tell them the door is closing, you have time to let them in.

Why add this kind of micro-aggression to anyone's day? How hard would it actually be for you to simply let them in?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

cause its common courtesy to hole the door open for them

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Nobody cares....................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.