Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 month ago

How do I shut off Microsoft from windows 10?

I just got a new computer. I hate Microsoft. I don’t want to have to log into my computer with a Microsoft password. Please tell me how to disable this? 

I would have loved to be able to have afforded a MacBook or Mac desktop but I can’t right now and this is to get me thru school to when I can. For right now I want this Microsoft off thank you if anyone can help

use a  local Account but it is a Microsoft os but you may want to try linux.

• Local User Account. Without a Password.

Click On Start > Settings > Accounts.

• You can setup "local" accounts in WIn10, rather than "microsoft accounts". It just takes a bit of doing. Google it.

Do you really need windows?

If yes- then you already have the answer.

If no- then why not try a Linux. Ubuntu or Linux Mint are fine and easy to use. There are at least 2 dozen more that are good and easy to use. You still need a password for some operations, but during setup you are given the option to log in with a password or log in automatically.

Mine are set up automatically- I like it that way.

• Robert J

That does not answer the question as asked - which is a violation of the site rules.
      The question is answerable, as others have done. Hence another thumbs down.
      I use Linux a lot [professionally] - but that is nothing to do with a question asking how to do a specific thing with Windows!

Bill-M pretty much answered it. Just for future reference, if you're ever setting up another Windows 10 PC in the future, don't connect it to the Internet (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) while in the setup process. It will try to convince you to do so, but if you don't, you will be able to create a local account.

• Bill-M

There are two ways to start Windows 10:

1. Microsoft Account with Password

OR

2. Local User Account. Without a Password.

Click On Start > Settings > Accounts.

Then click on "Sign in with a Local Account.  When it ask for a password, leave it blank.

• Robert J

Agreed.
      Then go through all the others settings to turn off all the stuff it sends to microsoft - info here:
      https://www.computerworld.com/article/3025709/how-to-protect-your-privacy-in-windows-10.html

Now you know you should have bought a non-Windows machine. Like , for example.

With Windows PCs you're always a slave to crappy Microsoft.