Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 8 months ago

Cyst on the head of my penis?

Hi all I have a cyst which is around 3mm in diameter on the edge of the head of my circumsised penis and I plan on getting it removed. Ive seen a doctor and he said i can book to get it removed and that it would be a quick procedure but local anaesthetic would be used.

My question is how would the local anaesthetic be used/applied since the cyst is on the edge of the penis head and the procedure will only take maybe 2-3 minutes? 

Where would I be injected? Would it be one injection? Will it hurt?

Im so scared and wish i wasnt in this situation, but i need to man up for my own good.

Thanks all

• Mr.412

Yes anything shoved in your penis will f*cking hurt

Ouch!! This sounds painful. glad you went to the doctor-- I would make sure that when you're done with the procedure, that you a) follow doctors orders and b) use Man1 Man Oil to keep that area hydrated once any stitches are out and the area isn't raw anymore. It can really provide some amazing hydration down there. Good luck to you all!  

• David

most likely it will be an injection after a topical is applied. Yes, it will sting but only for a couple of seconds...

• TedEx

Where do you think you would be injected????

questions you should have asked the doc

• Roddy

It is most likely that your entire penis would be anaesthetised with injections around the base, but your doctor might be able to inject closer to the glans and cyst. Only he can advise as to exactly where the anaesthetic will be injected.

• balan

It is just like a shot done in the gums to extract a tooth .The Doctor is the best guide and leave everything to him .He will do his job perfectly without making you hurt .Regards

• ron h

I'm glad you're getting rid of this thing. I'm REALLY surprised at a cyst on the head b/c there's no follicles or sweat glands there.  Sometimes I learn stuff.  But It's good you're getting it removed.  I'm just a man (cut as an infant) not ANY kind of doctor.   I think the best doc to do this would be urologist, not a dermatologist. 

"Where would I be injected? Would it be one injection? Will it hurt?"

Proximal to the surgical site on the dorsum of the penis, to infiltrate the dorsal nerve.

Yeah, one shot should do it.

Yes, of course.

Local injection to area just like getting sutures, how many really depends but the numbing is almost instant