Is it weird to find out what's wrong with a Facebook friend by messaging their friends?

I'm friends with this one lady on Facebook whom I met in a psyche ward a couple years ago. We keep in touch playing words with friends and messaging each other.  She recently has completely disappeared. Hasn't played games with me when she played every day nor has seen my Facebook inbox messages in 2 weeks. I messeged her husband a a week ago and he has not seen my messages.  We aren't friends.  Just now I searched her friends list for possible family members and came across one lady and I messaged her to see if my friends ok. Me and this lady are not friends.  I explained who I was. Is this weird of me doing this? My friend was recently in the hospital several weeks ago due to mental issues but got out in a few days. Some of the people I've met in the psyche ward are like my support system.  We are like a family.  Just don't know if she went to another psyche ward after the hospital but I just am concerned for her. 

• Daniel

If your Worried about her no its not Weird

i dont think thats weird