Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 8 months ago

How to talk to a chronic sick caller?

I am a Security Manager for a private company overseeing 5 officers at a site. For the last 8 weeks, my 1st shift Officer has Called in Sick with “belly cramps “ every other Friday. Tonight was fallout number 4 in that time period. I try to respect my officers and Their sick time but I saw a picture on Facebook of this officer doing a keg stand on Facebook at the beach. What’s the best way to go about this conversation 

Doing a keg stand on Facebook at the beach?  Well there ya go!  That explains his belly cramps.  Look at you getting right to the bottom of this!  They should promote you to lead detective.

The best way is to stop positng FLAT OUT LIES on Yahoo Answers. If you didn't know at least enough not to ask random people on Yahoo Answers, you wouldn't even be one on the people you claim to supervise. In any case, asking here is grounds to fire YOU as incapable of being a supervisor.

maybe you should fire him if hes lying about it

Odd that you left TSA for a private security company, but, okay.  I am also surprised that a Manager continues to ask questions about his subordinates.

Here's how I - a Manager - handle these things.  I call the employee into my office and say, "You are being terminated, and this is why."

Then I collect the employees keys and badge, escort him to HR and escort him out of the building.

• LAN

If you were a decent manager you would already know that you should document and to have a paper trail to fire the slacker.

• DON W

Actually, you already have grounds for termination--the incriminating Facebook.

Assuming you don't want to do that, tell him that he is on official notice that the next Friday he doesn't come in to work without a doctor's note, he WILL be terminated.

I'd also print off the Facebook photo as evidence, although you can expect that he will have an excuse of some sort.