Can you help me with English please?

For your safety and comfort, read carefully and keep in the vehicle.

1. What does word "for" mean IN THIS CASE?

2. I can't understand the expression "keep in the vehicle" exactly?

Note: I'm weak in English.

Thanks!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

In this case 'for' means something like 'to achieve' or 'to ensure' or 'to help'.So that you will be safe and comfortable, read [this document] carefully and keep [it = the document] in the vehicle.

It does NOT mean that YOU should stay in the vehicle!!!

• Zonest4 weeks agoReport

Wow finally I got your perfect explanation! Thanks :)

• 4 weeks ago

"For" means in "in order to do something", which in this case, is being safe and comfortable. The phrase, "keep in the vehicle" means "stay inside of the vehicle".

• 4 weeks ago

"In this case?"

, is something that is being pointed out demonstratively to a certain thing, issue or topic being the subject or subject of discussion.by the first person trying to demonstrate it to the second person/s or the listener/s  whom he is talking with... Example: In this case (the first person is pointing to the destroyed brand of shoes) do not buy this kind anymore.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

In order to stay safe and comfortable, read this [written material] carefully and keep it [the written material] in the vehicle [maybe in the glove compartment].

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mamie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

1.  To ensure your safety and comfort...

2.  Don't get out of the vehicle.

• 4 weeks ago

for means its to help you out

• susan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

"Keep in the vehicle" means "stay in the vehicle."

"For your comfort and safety" means "So that you will be comfortable and safe.." I can't think of how to better explain "for" without using the word "for." 

• 4 weeks ago

"for your safety and comfort" means  to keep you safe.  "keep in the vehicle" means  do not exit the vehicle.

• 4 weeks ago

That’s a weird question because for isn’t a noun but it would mean “in support of”

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.