Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

What magical spells could Jesus cast?

Could he cast a fire ball or summon a lightning bolt or was he mostly just a healer?

Favorite Answer

He turned water into wine, and I suppose you could call feeding all those people with the loaves and fishes was a magic spell.

JESUS did not use any magical spells ,HE had power and authority over all things,by HIS word.

None.  Period.  By definition magic, the supernatural and deities cannot exist.  And Jesus was probably a composite character like Moses or Noah.  Comprised of several different characters all rolled into one.  IF, he even existed..... like Moses and Noah.....

• Zhu

Any he wanted to. 

I think a shield charm was involved in the water walking part.

Jesus never practiced magic  As a devoted Jew, he was aware of the prohibition against such activities:

Deuteronomy 18:10-13       

10 There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, ANYONE PRACTICING MAGIC, anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer 11 anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. 12 For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable practices Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you. 13 You should prove yourself blameless before Jehovah your God.

Jesus Christ always pleased his Father and God. (John 20:17) He said:

John 8:28, 29   

28 Jesus then said: “After you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak these things. 29 And the One who sent me is with me; he did not abandon me to myself, because I ALWAYS DO THE THINGS PLEASING TO HIM.”

Jesus' power comes from his Father, and he always uses it in harmony with his will and guidance.  Magic has no part of that.

• wombatfreaks

Turning water into wine, raising the dead , causing a fruit tree to wither and die, that's not magic? 

No, he healed people all the time.  He had no need to do those obnoxious things you describe.

And how did the lovely Jews in power repay him? They had him brutally murdered by pressuring the Romans to allow it. 

Grow up and learn the difference between religion and magic.

I feel certain you are aware Jesus never used magic! He and the Father are one! With that connection anything is possible! According to Christian teachings-magic was in the realm of sorcery which is a sin for Christians & is supposedly giving Satan entry into your life if you practice it.

• wombatfreaks

• Duck

He would have been a Cleric.  His spell list probably contained:

[1] Cure Light Wounds

[2] Cure Serious Wounds

[3] Cure Critical Wounds

[4] Heal

[5] Cure Disease

[6] Cure Blindness

[7] Bless

[8] Purify Water

Some of the magic he did, though, does lean to him also being a Magic-User dual class, because of his transmutation abilities (Water to Wine) and creation abilities (turning a small amount of food into enough to feed many)

• Paul

God doesn't need "magic".

• Retief

Jesus didn't part the Red Sea or kill the firstborn of Egypt.  You should read the Bible.