How do I teach my dog that eating meat is bad?

As a vegan I disagree with meat in general.

Updated 6 days ago:

Y'all got trolled.

28 Answers

Relevance
  • Louis
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Good news. you don't have to teach you dog that eating meat is bad. You just don't have to feed him meat. 

Talk to your vet about the strategy. Mostly you need to just gradually and incrementally reduce his meat intake over a period of weeks.

Plus your vet should adjust the dog's checkups and monitor how he is doing on a vegan diet. Most dogs to well on a vegetarian diet but not all do.

Your vet can recommend a good vegetarian dog food. Just like regular dog food they  come in cans and also in big bags. 

Another option that is even better for your dog and also less expensive is to make your homemade dog food. i'll include a recipe at the bottom. My friends that have dogs just make a big pot of it on Sunday nights, portion it out into reusable zip lock freezer bags and just keep one in the frig and the rest in the freezer. 

Just so you know dogs are NOT carnivores, They are omnivores just like us. They have the ability to digest carbs. Oh, and you will have to add supplements to your homemade dog food. But there are supplements added to commercial vegetarian and regular dog food too. 

https://janeunchained.com/2018/10/10/make-your-own...

• 4 weeks ago

Why? Just why?? I understand vegans' points of view on meat, and whatnot, but would you do that to a dog? A dog is a carnivore and they eat meat. When people usually try and force their animal to be vegan with them, it hardly goes well anyways. You can Google many instances where it just goes wrong. Though it is ultimately your choice, it isn't good to force your pet, in this case a dog, to go vegan with you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It isn’t bad, for dogs or people. You get to choose, the dog will have to eat what you give it. 

• 1 month ago

Dogs need to eat meat you shouldn't have a dog

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ctc453
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Calling peta now

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You don't. Dogs are supposed to eat meat. If that goes against your ideology, then you shouldn't own a dog.

• 1 month ago

people like u dont need a pet.......

• 1 month ago

Dogs are carnivores..  Meat is GOOD for dogs.

Actually, humans need meat too, whether you agree with it or not.

If you want a "vegan" pet, then get an herbivore..  Not a carnivore.

• hush7 days agoReport

no, meat is NEEDED by dogs

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your BF will be very disappointed to hear that.

• hush7 days agoReport

maybe she killed him with her lack of judgement

• 1 month ago

You can't, obviously, but there are vegan dog foods available. It is more difficult to feed a cat vegan food, unfortunately.

• 1 month ago

You shouldn't have a dog. Denying it the animal protein it needs is abuse.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.