Anonymous

How bad is that one of my managers herd this ?

So I work in an office where I have a supervisor and there are multiple managers. Anyways one of the managers in the office sent out an email that showed the total commissions for some of the supervisors in the office. Many supervisors were upset about this. Anyways at the end of the day I was waiting for the elevator and I was telling him how my supervisor wasn’t pleased with the email and how everyone now knows his commission totals. We were getting into the elevator as I said this and one of my managers walked into the elevator. I’m not sure if he herd me, he might have or might have not. And the manager that potentially did hear me say this, isn’t the same manager that sent the email. Do you think it’s bad if my manager herd me saying this. I don’t think anyone in the office was pleased about this email and the same thoughts were on everyone’s mind. In your opinion will he think negatively of me, honest answers please 

• Judy

probably not a big deal

i SPOKE with your bosses boss. You will be fired soon.

I'd start looking for a new job, your time is limited.

Be happy you are employed.

Herd = a group of animals.

Heard = being listened to.

Simply, it is none of your business. Keep out of it.

What is being found out, is that knowledge of wages and such is better for the company. Without the knowledge some employees may cheated of their equal pay for equal work.

Not as bad as your spelling

Personally I think it's good that management is now aware of the general employees' views on the matter. Some things should be kept in the boardroom and not released as information to everyone else at the company.

I understand where you're coming from in this regard, as it can be just as important for staff to come across well to their managers. You don't want to be seen as a trouble maker or excessive complainer. However I think in this case the transfer of knowledge was appropriate and simply a conversation which may have been overheard.

Generally, managers like to keep appraised of people's varying opinions or at least the smart progressive ones do.