Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

How does one get diagnosed with PTSD?

About four months ago I was in Naval bootcamp and was esperares after three days active duty. While they said it was for “anxiety and depressed mood” I’ve noticed that ever since I came home, I’ve had some issues. I can still hear the RDC voices in my head yelling specific sentences. I have dreams of my old Petty Officers faces and things they said to me. And I sometimes think I hear someone calling out “recruit” or my last name while at work. I’m worried I’m showing signs of PTSD and it’s gotten to a point where even my own family is getting worried about me.

Speaking as a former Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer and 100% disabled Vietnam Vet with actual PTSD and major depressive disorder I can tell you that you actually have had to DO something that would cause PTSD.

You are either a troll or someone who needs Mommy to change his diapers.

First you have to suffer some trauma. You suffered no trauma. You got kicked out for a mental health issue and it is continuing. You need to see a shrink.

You didn't get PTSD in three days.  Quit whining, sissy boy.  Go cry to mommy.

PTSD from Boot Camp? LMFAO!

Sounds like you are just acting out. You are facing many challenges in your life and seem to have no skills ,or means, to deal with life's issues.

Get Mommy , or Daddy, to take you in for psychological evaluation and treatment.

Sure kid, whatever you say.

Don’t feed the troll all he wants is attention. Need to get back to doing your homework so you can come up with something more original 

• .

Write down everything you quoted off on Yahoo/Answers. Go to the doctor and hand to him or her and say these are the symptoms that you're experiencing and it's making your family nervous.

Your doctor will send you to the correct specialist, and you will have a few sessions with this counsellor. You might be given a mild sedative to calm the nerves which will also help you sleep. After 2 weeks your regular doctor will want to see you again to see if your specialist is right for you and the medication is right for you. If in the event you aren't suited with the right specialist your doctor will send you to another one. 

These specialists are all different because since they are people too you will need to be uniquely matched with the right one for you. Not to worry you will get one just for you and treatment will continue until you're feel right again. Keep up with your appointments and ask questions like is this medication a life time commitment or will I return to normal and heal from my experience. 

There's no such thing as a stupid question, if you think of it ask it. 

Best Wishes & Hope You Heal From Your Experience.

Your doctor would probably refer you to some expert to be evaluated and diagnosed.

We're learning (slowly) that PTSD is much more common in combat troops than we ever thought.  But getting PTSD from the TRAINING is something else again. 

Tell your doctor you do have some of the symptoms