Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 8 months ago

Ladies. Would you reproduce with a guy simply based on the fact that he somehow evolved with an immunity to diabetes and most cancer forms?

And he isn’t allergic to any type of food, medication, animal dander, etc except dust mites.

• MissA

I don't think most of us select the fathers of our children based on their hypothetically good DNA. That's really a trivial part of what makes someone a good parent and has no bearing at all on whether they're a good partner.

If you were talking about picking donor sperm from a catalog, sure, that'd probably be a selling point, but I think even in cases like that people are mostly looking for the whole package. And that's even before you have to start figuring out whether these nice traits are heritable.

• sarah

Nope.

Now, if he was a multimillionaire on top of that, we might could talk about it...lol, kidding, I still wouldn't do it.

Of course not. 

It is impossible to have these immunities but in theory I did reproduce with a guy like that because 40 years later and divorced he doesn't have any type of illness or allergies, unfortunately my daughter got the allergies an I got type 2 diabetes.