Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

My brother obsessively follows me, criticizes me, and calls me names all day. I’ve brought it up often but he won’t stop. What should I do?

He keeps doing it because he knows it bothers you.  Follow him around and see how he likes it.

If you're parents won't or can't get him to behave, then try the following:

(1) Don't react to him. (Don't yell at him or tell him to leave you alone.) Ignore him as much as possible. If he needs you for anything, just tell him that you'll help him when he stops following you and calling you names. If you ignore him and show little interest in his behavior, he'll get bored of it after awhile.

(2) When at home, make your ROOM a nice enough and interesting enough place to be so you can go in there and close the door. If he tries to get in, get a simple lock (a door hook).

(3) Most importantly, be active -- get involved in after school activities and clubs; spend time at friend's places, go for walks or hikes, take up photography and spend time taking photos.

Move away, and don't tell him.

• audrey

Ignore him. He sounds like a total bas-ard.

He's your brother, he doesn't mean any of it. As a brother myself, we don't mean anything we ever do which is why as the sisters, its shocking when we brothers have our serious moments.

Set boundaries for yourself. Make certain that you state your feelings to him, whether he listens or not. Then, keep your foot firmly planted and love him from a distance and allow yourself to heal. Also, you must love yourself. Pour into yourself what you try to pour into others. Once you find out your true self, and it is very difficult and lengthy, you WILL respect and love yourself and you will begin to heal to a point where you find peace with being in solitude. Everything else will come to you and find you when you are ready.-M

Source(s): I am the source. That was from my heart and soul.