Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Always worried about death?

I’m 17 years old and most days I think about death. I thought I was scared of the future, and I am, but I think I’m scared of running out of time. I don’t know how to explain it. Like, I’m scared I won’t get to live life to the fullest and I’m scared I’ll have a bunch of regrets. I’m also just scared of the unknown and what happens after. I know death is inevitable but I just hate thinking about it so much, it really brings down my mood everyday. Somebody very close died to me a few years ago but I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.

• Rick B

Well, At 17 you have about 50 or 60 years left. I'd suggest that you quit wasting time and effort worrying about something that will not happen for many decades,

Are you worried about the RSVPs for your wedding invitations?

Are you worried about the the 2028 elections?

Are you worried about getting a colonoscopy when you turn 50?

Are you worrying about retirement? Have you thought about how you will distribute your retirement investments and what the best tax strategy is? No? Then why are you worrying about death???