v asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 8 months ago

how can you deal with rude customers?

I'm a cashier at Walmart and I actually rarely get rude people coming through my line because most of them notice I'm young and say I'm doing a great job.  But there was a lady yesterday who came through and it seemed as though she wanted an argument. She was having trouble with the keypad and I was getting a little impatient and nervous because my line was getting bigger, but then some people left. So when she left, I said have a good night, stretched my arms, and went to move on to my next customer but then she mocked me stretching my arms and said "Oh yes, praise baby Jesus in the sky" or something like that, then walked off. Maybe 20 or so minutes passed and she walked by my register saying "I'm not done with you". I went up asked what was wrong because I was about to go home anyways, she said I was giving her sass, I said I wasn't. I started walking away and she said "Wait till I see you outside" and I was livid. I know I shouldn't have gone up to her afterwards but I would like tips on how to handle these types of situations better.

I should add that this was at the end of the transaction that this was happening. She wanted to use a check, and some gift cards and I had to explain the gift cards which was no big deal but she wasn't understanding how to use her fs card. Wasn't using the information I was giving her on how to use it. She wasn't putting her pin in, and it was just one big mess.

Gov't is killing you with high frequency electricity.Theotokos VirginMary gave prayers to "Schema-nun Antonia" on how to save aborted babies from hell. If you pray these prayers diligently, aborted babies are released from hell. On each painted nail there are 40 demons. Smoking is censer to the devil.Using foul language calls upon Pagan deities (aka demons); Holy Spirit departs on 7 meters. People who use drugs see demons who cleverly disguise themselves as ghosts and aliens.America will be last country to switch to Euro (antichrist's world currency). Contraceptives = abortion;using contraceptives for 1 year = 5 aborted kids.Miscarriages happen because of high heels; cesarean because of tight pants (second generation cesarean will be infertile).Unbaptized aborted/miscarried/unborn babies burn in hell for until Final Judgement; if pregnant, keep the kid and deliver at home because kids are chipped using IVs and vaccines in hospitals. Dentists and doctors chip patients secretly. Ultrasound leads to mark of the beast; don't do ultrasound, please. Abortion leads to breast cancer; a demon is released from hell for each aborted kid. Dogs can become possessed; don't keep dogs inside your home [Pelageya of Ryazan]. Walmart has technology to administer mark of the beast to those who have cat bacteria in their stomachs; stay away from cats [Athanasius III of Constantinople]. Next false flag is the Statue of Liberty. Above earth there is ice (hemisphere); when rockets go up they bring ice down from upper sky to lower sky; ice stuck in lower sky will fall on us during Apocalypse. Earth is flat; earth stands on 3 pillars (the Most Holy Trinity); pillars stand on water at zero Kelvin; underneath this ice there is a bubble; and then the abyss. Zodiac is planetary prison of demons; don't believe in horoscopes or you'll exhibit the traits of the trapped demons. Most thoughts and dreams are from demons; demons never do good. Sleep fully clothed; pray the Jesus prayer. Pray to your guardian angel to have normal sleep. Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov was the last prophet before Apostle John (who wrote the Book of Revelation), Enoch, Elijah, resurrected Seraphim of Sarov, and resurrected Sergius of Radonezh will preach against the antichrist. Humans were created about 7530 years ago. Birds participate in time creation. It's a sin to kill birds. Dinosaurs live under our level; they will get out through sinkholes and lakes; to kill them, go for their nerves. Save the birds; but kill the dinosaurs. First dinosaur will come out of Volga River in Russia. Scientists don't see dinosaurs under our level because of radiation. Sinkholes happen because people dig for resources underground and because earth is heating up. Demons grow human skin (from a sample taken during abduction) and put it on so as to look like us. Demons will invite people to be healed inside their UFOs; those who go will be like zombies after. Gov't provides demons with diamonds and allows demons to abduct people. If you're being abducted, slowly pray the Jesus prayer. Don't panic. Demons use diamonds and souls to power their UFO craft. The bigger the diamond, the more it lasts. Demons have 4 UFO bases: 1)moon 2)inside fake mountain Kailash (Tibet) 3)in lake Baikal in Russia 4)in Atlantis which is underneath double ocean floor of Mariana Trench (Pacific Ocean). There are no aliens. Nobody lives on other planets. Airplanes that go down are hit by demons because they need the airspace to fight Jesus. Antichrist is pale with red eyes. He's possessed by Satan since he's 12 years old [Lavrentiy Chernigovskiy]. He flies super fast; deceived people will say: "Christ is here; Christ is there" when he's flying from one city to the next very fast. He wears gloves to hide long nails. He's surrounded by demons who appear as angels of light. Antichrist will trick people that he can do mountain moving and resurrection using holograms/hypnosis; fire from the sky is real because of pollution gases in the atmosphere. Antichrist will have food only for 6 months; then he will feed his 666ed people flour from mashed up turtles (Tavrion Batozskiy), but this won't be enough because 666ed people are 10 times as angry and 7 times as hungry as normal people even though 666ed people became shorter (3-4 feet tall = 80 - 120 cm) because nanochips do function of organs (organs diminish) [Nilus Myrrhgusher]. If you have a lot of nanochips in your forearm, then you will not be able to make proper Orthodox sign of the cross (last mercy for you will be to cut your forearm off). Nanochips are sprayed by the gov't using chemtrails; they're also in gov't food and medicine; so, eat food from your own garden. In case garden is destroyed by ice from the sky, have chickens for eggs and goats for milk (Paisios). Lipstick contains cells of aborted fetuses, dog fat, and placenta; human flesh is in McDonalds, Pepsi, toothpaste, antiaging, anticancer, vaccines, perfume, etc.; that's why you should not be using anything that modern society has to offer. You're better off hiding within a 10-12 people group in order to escape Apocalypse. During Apocalypse, Chrtistians will eat dirt from under pussywillowtree as it's filled with tears of Theotokos Virgin Mary; this water will flee if a 666ed person tries to get it. Barcode is Druid black magic curse; QRcode is Mayan curse; when food is scanned, it becomes dead because laser is a substance from demons. Don't go into a UFO to be healed by demons. Green 666 is given by isotope rays on wrist or forehead when people stretch hands to receive small plastic grey card with no name on it (World Passport). It doesn't just have to be during this procedure (could be anything you sign up for or anywhere where there is a secret scanner); biometrics (fingerprints, eyes scan) or getting picture for passport are very dangerous because they could mark you secretly. Gabriel Urgebadze said that they do it on index finger when they scan your finger. Basically, try to avoid new documents at all cost. Police will microchip and isotope ray people on highways. Chipped people will be influenced by computers to take grey plastic card; but when they do, green mark by isotope rays is given on forehead/wrist. Food stores will isotope ray people too. Antichrist will also release prisoners to mark people. Reject 666 at all cost because it leads to permanent hell. If you're about to be marked, pray the Jesus prayer. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you; burn documents because they're from Satan. The Most Holy Trinity gives you a name during baptism; devil gives an antiname during antibaptism (ex. Social Security Number). People who die with these Satanic documents go to concentration camp in hell to await Final Judgement; once the BEAST Computer is burned down, souls will be released for Final Judgement. That's why you should give back documents of your deceased relatives back to the gov't so that the gov't cancels these digital antichristian names given during antibaptism by the beast system; or just burn these documents because gov't could get upset and could send demons to mark you because of this outright act of defiance. Prophecy from half a millennium ago describes Final Judgement like this: Jesus was very upset with people who had little boards (plastic cards) in their hands because they wanted discount from the antichrist. Give to charity in the name of Archangel Michael; he rescues people from temporary hell twice a year [at midnight September 18-19 and similarly on November 20-21; pray at these times on your knees remembering the deceased by names (adding "and relatives by flesh up to Adam") so that they are rescued if they're in hell] (or brings them up a level, that is, to a level with less punishment; eventually, people are freed). Feed the pigeons; when pigeons bow down, people are saved from temporary hell. It's a big sin to remember the dead with wreaths (because demons put these wreaths on their necks if they're in hell with their hands tied up behind their back while hanging by their hands), meat, alcohol, sweets, and worldly music. Demons print icons of saints in newspapers so that you throw these newspapers in the trash blaspheming these saints. Crosses on soles of shoes and back of pants are blasphemy. Demons make carpets with crosses and put them on sidewalks so that people walk on crosses. Playing cards mock how Jesus suffered on the cross: clubs (cross on which Jesus was crucified), diamonds (four nails Jesus was crucified with), hearts (sponge with vinegar that Jesus was given to drink),spades (spear with which Jesus was pierced).Cremation is devil worship; only blasphemers such as Lenin should be burned; if Lenin is buried, earth will be polluted, and China will attack Russia because of this.After China attacks Russia, Ruski Orthodox Tsar (shown by resurrected Seraphim of Sarov) will come to power in Russia;this Tsar will slay traitors inside church and gov't; as a result, Russia will be the only country not under the antichrist.Ecumenism = 263 heresies;each heresy leads to hell. In 2006 in Moscow (that's why Moscow will sink),representatives from most religions signed a document where it says that all religions worship the same Supreme Being [aka the devil]. Priests who participate in ecumenism will have Pagans walking on their heads in hell. Arkhimandrite Antonin Kapustin left a prophecy that Church of All Russian Saints in Gorny Monastery, Ein Karem, Israel will be blessed by forerunner of antichrist; Patriarch Kirill of Russia and Mark of Berlin blessed this church in 2007. When priests pray for current gov't (instead of praying for future Tsar),Jesus gets up from His throne and turns His back to them. Forgive me.

Source(s): Women wear headscarves tied at the front to prevent headaches from sky pushing down and to prevent throat cancer. Mega-tsunami for New York will be 400 meters; then engulfed-in-lava Los Angeles will be flooded too; also, asteroid destroys Gulf of Mexico; only Alaska, Eurasia, and Africa remain (obviously without coasts). 1st big earthquake in Russia; 2nd bigger one in China (will be split in half; radiation!); 3rd biggest will be in the USA (Greek Orthodox monk Elidiy from Africa); forgive me.
  • L

YOU were the rude one by stretching your arms and saying 'oh yes, praise bay Jesus in the sky'.   When, working with the public, you must show patience and be helpful.

• mom

if a rude customer treats you like again, I would call for the manager and tell your manager about that customer. you do not have to be treated like that. I am a customer in Walmart and I can not stand it when people walk around Walmart talking loud on the cell phone or when they are checking out, they talk so loud. I am not interested in what they are saying. one woman walked into Walmart the same time I did, talking on the phone and left the same time I did and was still talking on the phone, what is so important that you can not wait until they get home

• Prince

Just put your hands over your ears and scream, "Ab dabs!" That's the mature way. It'll get your point across and is technically correct. 

I would realize that it's nothing personal and that it's just who they are, plus I also look at it as if they're making total fools out of themselves.

• Elaine

The first thing when dealing with the public is not to take rude behaviour or comments by customers personally.  While you are posting on Yahoo Answers you can be sure the customer has entirely forgotten the incident. Unless you have a line composed of absolutely rude customers most customers will notice the difficulty the customer is having and your treatment of the person. 

Believe it or not most customers will sympathise with you as long as you remain courteous and polite. Sometimes they tell that particular customer off. If you have tried several times to help the customer and it's not working, tell the customer that you are going to call someone who can be of better help. Then you tell the other customers in the line that they might be better off going to another cashier as this transaction will take some time. While you can't know the reason for this person's behaviour you are much better off taking what I call "the moral high road".  NOR should you even try to figure out the reasons for the behaviour.  

The next thing you need to learn is that it is pointless to argue with a customer.  This only makes them angrier which can result in you responding in kind.  The next thing that happens is that you are reported to the manager and you are out of a job. 

I once had a job dealing with the public. I learned that there are many different kinds of people to deal with on a daily basis. The way I got around the nasty people was to kill them with kindness. There are people who want to argue and derail you as they get off on controlling your emotions and your actions. Don't give them the satisfaction of getting under your skin.

Always smile, even when you want to bite their head off. Always agree with them or say you are sorry that they feel that way. Never argue or be crass with a customer because these types of people we'll go to management to try to get you fired.

Pretend your cashier station is your stage and you are there as an actor to please everybody who comes through your line. Remember these people come and go and are part of your life for a mere few minutes and are not worth the time and the aggravation to try to figure out or understand. Because you cannot control people oh, you have to concentrate on what you can control. You can always control your reaction with a smile and a nod as you send them off by telling them to have a wonderful day.

• drip

As soon as she walked up to the second time you should of called your supervisor and then them handle it.  If a customer threatens you , you tell your supervisor.  ASAP 

If a customer is having trouble with the key pad it is your job to kindly help them.  Learn how to break down the instructions. Repeat them with a kind voice. Say.  Dont worry, we will get it. Let’s try again. Instead of your body language showing frustration and impatience.    So what she was taking time. She waited her turn. You weren’t going anywhere.  So your line was getting longer.  That happens at WalMart. 

She said you were giving her sass. You say I am so sorry.  I should of given you more help. I apologize.     It is your job to defuse the situation.

Next time be kinder, not so impatient,   

You remember two things. You can't make everyone happy and you can't change people into what you want them to be. Then don't sweat the occasion malcontent. Your supervisors are well aware of these types of people and don't give them any credibility.

When she said you were giving her 'sass' you might simply have said: "I'm so sorry, that was never my intention."