Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

My boyfriend cancels plans and doesn’t tell me?

I been with my boyfriend for almost four years and within those years he has a habit of making plans with me and never telling me that he can’t make it he either goes with his cousins or friends. It’s annoying because if it starts getting late he will change things for us to do but he never tells me he can’t make it he will just get home and act like nothing happened! And it pisses me off because I get ready did my hair makeup and I love to glam up because it makes me feel good and also so he can see me my whole day passes by and I’m stuck in my room like an idiot. We have been going to the gym three days out of the week but the weekends I would love just at least one hour of just us as a date night if it’s too much of a hassle to see me a lot we don’t even have sex anymore! Ugh, I don’t know what to do anymore I’m annoyed and I’m pissed.

And my birthday is coming up I’m turning 21 I want to celebrate at a club with my girls from work. He’s not 21 until the summer and he doesn’t want me to go without him but it’s stupid because he’s been to clubs with his friends and other parties and hardly takes me. He has only taken me to three parties.

Sorry it’s a lot but we only had sex ONE TIME this whole month of January like wtf! I’m getting frustrated obviously I’m not going to go around and do it with someone else but I miss him! When I tell him about it he just says there’s no place to do it I’m like yes there is lol I know I’m good but Does it seem stupid to want to end the relationship because of it? lol 

• Jerry
    Favorite Answer

You've been putting up with this crap for 4 years? Are you seeking a career as a doormat or something?

Probably too late to get this guy to change, so you either continue to live with this crap or you dump the doink.

In the future, use the 20 minute rule. Once the guy is 20 minutes late, you stop waiting. Go somewhere without him. If he calls you later, you tell him "You didn't call or anything, so I made other plans. I'm glad you're OK, but I don't have time to talk now." 

And next time he asks for a date, tell him "Last time you were a no show. It might be better if we didn't make plans in advance." And leave him to stew. Let him figure out how he's going to see you if you wan't make a date with him. 

If he doesn't care enough about you to NOT stand you up like this, then he doesn't care about you much. Why waste your time on a guy who doesn't much care for you? 

• Linda

He sounds really immature to me for almost 21. I would consider breaking it off because he cancels plans at the last minute for lesser things like his friends and cousins when he should put you first, and second of all he is already tired of sex and he should be all over you. Talk to him and let him know how hurt you feel when he does this, but if he doesn't change, then you move on..you can do better and you deserve better, remember that!

Source(s): Years of dating experience

You are with him.... why?? Both of you were very young when you got together. You didn't know how either of you would turn out, or how you would want to live. He has no respect for you. Why would you stay with someone who doesn't want to be with you and doesn't want to have sex with you?