Oxford Prof needs security guards from persistent violent threats of trans activists?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/01/23/oxford...

"An Oxford University professor has been given security guards to accompany her to lectures after receiving threats from transgender activists.Prof Selina Todd, a historian who specialises in the lives of women and the working class, said that she has now been provided with “routine security” to ensure she is not attacked."

...

"“My research suggests that women who posed as men  in the past were often lesbians seeking to protect themselves, or because they want to do jobs that were only available to men,” she said. “The first complaint that was made against me was to say that I was transphobic because it would be impossible for a transgender student to be taught by me.”Prof Todd said that the history faculty now receives “daily” complaints from activists calling for her to be sacked, which has left her feeling unnerved.“I get frightened by the threats in lectures,” she said. “You can't help but worry. It's had a huge impact on me. You don’t expect to be defending yourself the whole time from complaints or threats of violence.”

------------------------------------

Tell me again this is a civil rights movement and not an authoriritian power grab targetting women?

It's ludicrous that should believes that trans men are lesbians (there are lots of gay trans men) and that she is claiming trans people are violent even though they are the victims almost all the time.

Trannies are dangerous and out-of-control.

They've been taught by their "gender therapists" to become violent with anyone who refuses to cater to their delusions.

It's time to hospitalize them until they come to their senses.

Peace.  

• Dr. D

Every civil rights movement included militant and terrorist fractions. Even the Black civil rights movement had problems with their militant fractions. MLK had to continuously remind his followers that they were nonviolent. 

The gay and transgender movement do have a civil rights mission and they do have followers who are unfortunately aggressive. Just because something is about civil rights doesn't make it a pacifist movement.