steph
steph asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Anyone got any cooking book recommendations for loosing weight ?

I have belly fat and leg fat that has come out of no where and I need to sort it out. However I know I’ll never loose weight through running and walking alone I need to change my diet. I mostly eat carbs and meat. I don’t want a book made for people who have to spend hundreds on grocery’s and I like simple food too because I’m not the best cook. Any suggestions? 

You should avoid cookbooks and just stick to basics (meats, grains, vegetables,  fruits and optional dairy). If you don't want to overeat, then don't make your food to tasty!  

• .

You can still eat meat and carbs (just avoid processed/junk food). Focus on fresh, whole foods. Lean meats. Fresh fruits and vegetables. Healthy fats (e.g., avocado, nuts, olives). Complex carbs (e.g.,oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, potatoes, beans, peas and lentils), and drink lots of water. Avoid cooking things that add a lot of unnecessary calories to your food (oils and sauces). I don't like to cook so keep things simple, myself. I cook several chicken breasts (bake or in the crock pot) and add nothing but some seasonings, then pair that with a small baked potato and side salad, or instead of salad cook some cabbage or buy a bag of cole slaw (cabbage is very low in calories so you can eat a lot if you want, but watch out for calories in the dressing for it and for your salads).