Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Should I count macros to gain weight?

I'm a female, 175cm tall and 49.5kg. So I'm pretty underweight as I tried to lose weight and tone up but once I got to where I wanted to be I didn't increase my calorie intake to maintain my weight, so I ended up losing much much more than I wanted to. I am trying to gain some weight back, to be about 58-60kg, but I don't want to gain belly fat and I want to get toned and lean. Should I count how much grams of protein, carbs and fat I should have a day or just ignore how much of that I'm consuming and just focus on macro percentages and calories

Up the carb intake, but don't make it junk food. Eat a bit more protein. And exercise.

Maybe get some advice from a nutritionist and also a personal trainer.

I'm not a doctor, nutritionist or personal trainer. And no one here is, btw

Since your goal is to stay lean and toned you are going to want to do resistance training while gaining weight so its not all fat. You will also want to count protein and calories at the very least so you know you are getting enough of each (but not too many calories either. Slow weight gain is generally what people want to minimize fat gain). 

Go to Marcos to gain wait.