Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

How is it wrong for me to lose weight in order to get a husband?

I'm 24 and live in Georgia where everyone else my age is getting engaged or married. I realize that if I had been pretty at 16 and didn't have my awkward phase then that would be me. Even if a woman is pretty at 24 all men still judge from age 16. I'm sorry for grammar errors but I don't want to be 34 with mama fever and lonely so I dropped 40 pounds to hope for a man.

Maybe some divorces can happen so that way I won't feel like a loser 

Favorite Answer

Actually under average circumstances the people who knew you at 16 are a distant memory by the time you're 24. So you must be living in a small city and have never left to expand your horizons. That might be something to consider. But if you had 40 lbs. to lose you needed to do it for health reasons above and beyond "catching" a man. The thing with this though is that you owe a future spouse roughly the same thing at your 10th wedding anniversary as he married. So you can't go into this thinking once you've got the guy you can stop taking care of yourself. Obesity too can affect fertility so if you want to have children you've got additional motivation to keep the weight off.

I am a single male, and I am older than you. I don't have a wife, and kids.

You can hope all you want, for a man. If you don't get one then I won't lose any sleep over it. If you want to become a mother then you're going to have to do something about it. Because if you don't, then you might remain single, for the rest of your life. 

it is a good idea to loose weight if your over weight 

but the big problem is gaining weight as soon as married 

your thought train from 16 to 24 is all in your head 

mama fever (biological clock) is a problem no matter what,,,, Are you financially ready for a child emotional ready and committed properly

never being over weight  is the plan and making excuses is not a good plan 

As long as you are developing or maintaining a healthy body and weight... do as you please to feel good about yourself!

I don't believe one iota in your opinion that all men judge a woman from when she's 16.. maybe because I moved around so much that by the time I wed, there was No One (except two gf's) who had a clue who I was at 16, but that all seems like an opinion you have and you are welcome to your own opinions though that one makes zero sense to me.

The only thing that matters is if you are satisfied with your current body count of previous lovers.  If not, do not get married.  Find that balance and use that experience when you find "The one" to lock him into the prison of marriage.  You'll be glad you listened to my advice.

I have no idea what you are asking.  Right and wrong are moral choice.  What is right for you might be wrong for me.

You are hoping that your friends divorce so you won't feel like a loser?  I get the feeling you will always be a loser, with or without your friends divorcing.

post in Dating & Singles

Why would it be wrong to lose weight if you weigh too much and can't attract someone as you are?