Can I run Boneworks VR on my specifications?

So i just got a new laptop, the new HP with AMD Ryzen 7 3700u with Radeon Vega 10. I just recently purchased an Oculus Quest with Link to boost graphics, because I feel like the current processing power of the Quest itself is garbage. Anways, will my laptop run Boneworks smoothly with my specifications? Before I drop a cool $30. Thanks!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

As much as you're going to hate to hear this, you're going to need a dedicated graphics card (like a Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 570) get the necessary performance to make ANY VR game accessible to run, since you'll need to maintain roughly 90 FPS to avoid motion sickness.

While Vega graphics processors to help, they're more of a budget... they're also have much less processing power than a dedicated card.  The Vega 10 processor has processing power similar to a Nvidia GTX 650...  While The Oculus Quest DOES support Vega processors (as noted on https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/ ), only Vega 56 & 64 would actually help in terms of performance.

Even Boneworks VR MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS are noting GTX 1060 (at lowest settings) & recommending a GTX 1080 or better to get the desired performance...  so you're going to need to get a new system (since you can RARELY upgrade graphics cards / processors in laptops, especially since they use custom proprietary architecture & layout to cram everything into a small form factor) to do this.

I CANNOT RECOMMEND PROCEEDING unless you thrive on disappointment.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.