Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

I went on a few dates with a girl, there's something there but she asked a lot about previous girls and I saw it as a red flag? was I wrong?

I would also see it as a red flag.  If someone is more hung up over the past than discovering the present or imagining the future then she may well be judgmental and unsuitable as a relationship.  Unless you had been together for quite a while and she was learning what made you as you are.

It's none of her business about your previous relationships. She sounds like a whack-a-doodle to me. Aren't there thousands of other things to talk about on dates? I think so.

And my past relationships and previous guys aren't anyone's business. I don't even talk about it. If someone wants to and hounds me about my past boyfriends or sexual history, he eats my dust. No thanks.

• Edwena

Yes, unless you have red flags. If you have secrets, just lie to her.

Like, asked a lot about your exes? I mean, it's not REALLY a red flag. She's curious, and I mean... Okay, if she asks over and over and over and never leaves it alone then yeah, red flag. But if she asked for awhile and that's all... then not really a red flag.

• Helen

Not necessarily. Most girls want to have "that talk" at some point but if she was mentioning this non stop, you've dodged a bullet.