Do many women like old cars?

I was coming back from town yesterday in my old v8 HQ Monaro that I spent 5 years putting back together after my father inlaw died. He had it since new my wife her sister and mother

in her I30 catch up to me pull out and pass me and beat me home when I got home they greet me with I dont know why you bother with that thing old thing, its too noisy.

I like the sound of the ole v8 , It seams to be running all right the kickdown is working the 4 barrel is opening but it hasn t got the goods on the I30 sports how to find another 100 horses

with out anything appearing to change so the car still looks 1971 or put up with the grandpa cant raise it jokes from 3 nasty moles.

They've seen what its insured for now they want me to sell it.

A bolt on super charger will add a few HP but not 100HP. Just enjoy the ride and don't worry about the old folks comments. Old age is an excuse for a lot of things. 

Yes. I was at a car show this past weekend at Mesquite Nevada, and there were a LOT of women there. Some showing their cars, some waxing their husbands or boyfriend's cars, some sitting around looking gorgeous, some walking and admiring other people's cars.

Unfortunately, my wife doesn't consider my old cars anything more than an unnecessary expense. But she understands that if I'm forced to choose between her and the cars, she's history.

(I'm kidding folks)

• F

Most women notcie the colour of a car more. They generally seem to prefer red.

Sure.  But 1971 isn't exactly vintage.  My niece restores classic cars from the 1940s and 1950s.  Personally, I wouldn't bother with anything post-1968.  The 1970s were not a good decade for cars.

• arther

I remember riding in this car when it was brand new. All the cars of the 40's I rode in were old cars when I first rode in them

• .

Most women prefer comfortable, safe, and reliable cars.  Not all older cars are safe in a crash.  

• arther

I spent 5 years working on it here and there its in as good a condition as it was when she was 12 years old riding in it with her father who brought it new. The exhaust and cam are abit better than stock it sounds good.