Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Is there something wrong with me? ?

I have some minimal social interaction, and that’s enough for me. I spend most of my time by myself, and do creative things, learn or reflect - stuff that I like to do. I work from home. There has been a number of people who have expressed a worry that I’m too isolated and that humans are social beings and all that... and some try to get me to socialize and stuff, but that stuff makes me feel trapped. I’m satisfied just socializing a little bit (and if it happens to be necessary in some cases...) but beyond that I feel good with my lifestyle. Is there something wrong with me? 

Favorite Answer

I am the same way.  And there are a billion things wrong with me.  But so what?  My biggest mistake is the need to be around other humans.  If not for that I would spend more time isolated and free of them.  But since I need to be around them every now and then, I too make the mistake of not knowing when to disengage.  Sometimes it takes years.  If ever.  

Hi,

No way is anything wrong with you.  You like what you like and that's okay.  You can't like what you don't like.  That's silly.  

Be yourself and be alone, if you want.  If you are happy with it, go for it!  Don't let anyone make you like something you don't like.  

I think  we are supposed to be social beings because there are times when we need help and things we can't do alone. What good would it really do if you learn things and don't share them with others, what's really the point in learning? I'm not a big socializer but sometimes I do like to socialize sometimes, like going to a reunion or a family affair. As long as you're not a hermit, I think you will be fine but there are things you do need to realize and that is when you get old/older you will need some help, whether if be from medical reasons or even loneliness. Do you mind telling me how old you are?

i do not think so.

Yes, there is something wrong with you, you are an introverted incel pos.

I have Asperger's Syndrome.  I have been alone all my life.  There is nothing wrong with you.  Each of us is unique.  No one is the same.  If others consider you different, understand that they too are different.

Nope. Congrats. Difficult it is to shut up for one hour compared to idle chatter the entire day.

No, there is nothing wrong with you.  You have not curled up into a little ball and gone into hibernation.  You have a working Life with you ENJOY...It might be that your happiness in yourself is something these other people cannot begin to understand.  I would remain just as you are, and keep doing the work you have set out for yourself to do in your  Lifetime.  Such were people like Albert Einstein, and Michelangelo, and Leonardo, etc. great men of the past, and women also.  

No,there is nothing wrong with you.

You can go places by yourself.

They'll be no people telling you what to do.

No. Isolation is sometimes a symptom of depression, but in your case it's not. You feel good with your lifestyle, enjoy your own company, and keep busy. You are fine. The people who tell you to socialize more probably enjoy your company.