Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

I want to go back to the us from portugal baby and i have US passports will there be an issue?

Update:

Why why why?

Update 2:

Goin homeward bound 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Don't call me "baby". But if your baby has a US passport then your biggest problem will be trying to change diapers in those tiny airplane lavatories.

• 1 month ago

Baby is not going anywhere unless accompanied by BOTH parents, unless you have verifiable written permission of the other parent, whether you are married to that parent or not, or else you need a court order of permanent sole custody. Protections are in place to protect rights of both parents, and prevent child abductions. Either get permission of the other parent, or petition the relevant court for permanent sole custody. Or else baby travels accompanied by both parents. So are you all traveling together? Or trying to travel alone with baby?

• 1 month ago

If you're American, you just need to enter the US on your US passport.

(Obviously you'll need to support yourself when you get there too)

• Donnah1 month agoReport

I have a resident in the us still I only went on vacation ran into this pshyco

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As long as the US passport is yours and it's not expired, go ahead.  You can often travel back to your citizenship country even on an expired passport as long as it's a direct flight.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

not if you have a passport you shouldnt, i would ask immigration about it first

• 1 month ago

If you are US citizens then no problem.  If you just bought your passports on the black market there might be.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.